English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11 March 2023, 02:30   #1
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Ambermoon v1.17 french release is out !

Hello everyone, this post is about the finalized french version of Ambermoon, compiled with the help of :

* Pyrdacor (code bug fixes, addons, map fixes, etc)

* Dlfrsilver (Myself) for the french translation :
- 350kb of texts fully hand translated (Intro, Extro, game files) ;
- All the original meanings and the rhymes adapted and kept in
french for the riddles ;
- The translation of Michael Bohnisch full 100 pages solution for the game ;
- The original ressourcing of the executables (many days of work)

* CFOU, my partner in "crime" :
- Training me to ressource with resource 6.0
- The whole externalization of the items data/text from the executables
- The intelligent ressourcer using whdload for the text resourcing and
making it straight assembling with Barfly v2.0
- the bug fixes he did on the instructions that did not resourced correctly

This was an hard work for you, i will be eternally grateful for the hand & help you gave me !

* Alexander Holland, the webmaster of the Thalion Webshrine for allowing me to get access to M. Boschnich solution.

Now, french people of EAB, let's rejoice, and let's go on Pyrdacor page to download the files and play the game ! :

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon








* On a further note * I have the manual currently under translation in french.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 00:25   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 13,694
Congratulations. It is a great collaborative effort. All the bugfixes by Pyradcor (Meynaf and others) with your fantastic translations.

The question now is, do you want to translate the new Dungeons in Ambermoon Advance? Or do you want to play them without any spoilers?
alexh is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 12:17   #3
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Congratulations. It is a great collaborative effort. All the bugfixes by Pyradcor (Meynaf and others) with your fantastic translations.

The question now is, do you want to translate the new Dungeons in Ambermoon Advance? Or do you want to play them without any spoilers?
I will do the translation of Ambermoon Advance, as soon as i will finish the manual translation.

The spoilers are not really a problem
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 12:36   #4
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 4,446
Un grand grand " M E R C I " les gars !
KUDOS for the hard work !
&
malko is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 12:41   #5
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Un grand grand " M E R C I " les gars !
KUDOS for the hard work !
&
You're welcome
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 19:43   #6
Crown
Demoscener
Crown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FR
Age: 53
Posts: 456
Trop bien!

You guys rock supreme.
Crown is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 22:50   #7
CFou!
Moderator
CFou!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 49
Posts: 4,053
great
CFou! is offline  
Old 17 March 2023, 23:57   #8
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 13,694
FYI there's a bug that affects all v1.17 releases and that is the floppy disk installer is broken so you can't play the game from floppy disk at the moment. Not a big deal as most users will want to play from HDD but if you're trying to and it's not working it will be fixed in v1.18
alexh is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 00:01   #9
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
FYI there's a bug that affects all v1.17 releases and that is the floppy disk installer is broken so you can't play the game from floppy disk at the moment. Not a big deal as most users will want to play from HDD but if you're trying to and it's not working it will be fixed in v1.18
I gave for the moment the fix to my users, waiting for v1.18.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 00:36   #10
Pyrdacor
Registered User

Pyrdacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Germany
Posts: 114
It is really awesome to finally have a new language available. You two did an incredible great job to make this happen. Maybe there will be more languages in the future as well.

Translating the french texts for Ambermoon Advanced would be great. I can provide all the needed English texts for you soon.

Have to recover from an illness currently and will release the french version for the remake as well in the next days.

Thanks again! I know how much work it must have been. Even translating the additional texts for the advanced version took many days of hard work. Kudos.
Pyrdacor is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 01:58   #11
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrdacor View Post
It is really awesome to finally have a new language available. You two did an incredible great job to make this happen. Maybe there will be more languages in the future as well.

Translating the french texts for Ambermoon Advanced would be great. I can provide all the needed English texts for you soon.

Have to recover from an illness currently and will release the french version for the remake as well in the next days.

Thanks again! I know how much work it must have been. Even translating the additional texts for the advanced version took many days of hard work. Kudos.
I will also do Ambermoon Advanced in french Feel free to provide me the french text, i will translate them from english.

Thanks a lot for Me and CFOU (he did a lot of work as well, it has to be mentioned).
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 11:32   #12
Pyrdacor
Registered User

Pyrdacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Germany
Posts: 114
Yes I saw that he resourced all the executables which is quite impressive. I always mentioned you both when I talked about the french release. Also you are both mentioned in the french extro which is quite cool.

After releasing the french remake version I will try to finish the original 1.18 releases with the boot script fix and some other open issues. I don't think there are text related issues but if so, I will come back to you.

After that I will send the Advanced texts to you. I already work on the third episode so there will be more texts coming for the forest moon additions in the near future.
Pyrdacor is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 19:29   #13
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrdacor View Post
Yes I saw that he resourced all the executables which is quite impressive. I always mentioned you both when I talked about the french release. Also you are both mentioned in the french extro which is quite cool.

After releasing the french remake version I will try to finish the original 1.18 releases with the boot script fix and some other open issues. I don't think there are text related issues but if so, I will come back to you.

After that I will send the Advanced texts to you. I already work on the third episode so there will be more texts coming for the forest moon additions in the near future.
I did the resourcing of each Ambermoon executable. He taught me how to.

What he did is fixing some bugs, and some instructions not ressourcing correctly.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 20:05   #14
Crashdisk
Moderator

Crashdisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 1,736
A big thank you to all the team behind this project and I recognize that the French translation will remove a thorn from my side
Crashdisk is offline  
Old 18 March 2023, 20:43   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,795
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
A big thank you to all the team behind this project and I recognize that the French translation will remove a thorn from my side
Heh :P thanks !
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 21 March 2023, 23:08   #16
Pyrdacor
Registered User

Pyrdacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Germany
Posts: 114
@dlfrsilver Ah sorry about the confusion. So you did the resourcing as well. Very nice job.

I will release the remake with the french version included tomorrow and then focus on releasing the original 1.18 versions (all 3 languages) where I also include the french fixes we talked about via mail.
Pyrdacor is offline  
Old 22 March 2023, 12:53   #17
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 13,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
What CFOU! did is fixing some bugs
Pyrdacor I *think* has it down to look at the AM2_CPU "fixes" that CFOU! did.

Some of them he was able to identify that had already been implemented.

Others he wasn't able to identify their purpose from the comments in the resource.

Definitely worth investigating.
alexh is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ambermoon French translation dlfrsilver Retrogaming General Discussion 81 22 February 2023 23:14
F-16 Combat Pilot - Original French release KKR75 HOL contributions 2 21 October 2020 15:24
Heimdall French release dlfrsilver Games images which need to be WHDified 34 22 August 2018 13:58
It Came From The Desert French release / Ubisoft dlfrsilver request.Old Rare Games 4 30 March 2017 22:33
Blueberry french release :) dlfrsilver request.Old Rare Games 9 03 March 2013 20:14

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10089 seconds with 15 queries