English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 24 August 2006, 14:08   #1
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Amiga Format/CU Amiga

Afternoon folks,
I've been trying to track down online scanned copies of AMiga Format/CU Amiga, and whilst I've browsed thru the forums here and seen a few links, they don't actually appear to have any that are downloadable and/or readable.
DO any of you guys/girls happen to know of a good source of these?
ALso another question, ages ago whilst searching the net for WinUAE stuff, I did find a website that claimed to be offering a front end and PD package that (they claimed) covered just about every single PD file that was available. I know it's not the Aminet site, and if I remember rightly the file was over 120mb RAR'd. Buggered if I can remember the name of it. DOes this ring any bells with anyone?
Any help for an old fart like me would be useful.
By the way, WinUAE has to be the smartest Amiga emulator going....been back enjoying Chaos Engine, Sensi World of Soccer, Microprose Golf.....sigh.....them were the days.....
Old 24 August 2006, 14:47   #2
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Hi, I had all Amiga Format/CU Amiga discs on my site for download. But someone sad it was illegal to contribute these disks mags, so I removed them
Old 24 August 2006, 15:05   #3
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Shame hipoonios, dunno if it is illegal tho, after all, the majority of those progs were:
1. Distributed freely with the magazines.
2. Those magazines no longer exist, therefore as far as I would believe they become effectively "abandonware".
Maybe u could RAR them and stick them in the zone?

Still trying to find Amiga Format or CU Amiga pages/mags online tho!!
Old 24 August 2006, 16:41   #4
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

It's 1400+ disks!! To much for the zone.. but I can upload a selection of disks, if tell me what #numbers you looking for.
Old 24 August 2006, 19:35   #5
matthew
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to matthew Send a message via AIM to matthew Send a message via MSN to matthew Send a message via Yahoo to matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basquemactee1
Afternoon folks,
I've been trying to track down online scanned copies of AMiga Format/CU Amiga, and whilst I've browsed thru the forums here and seen a few links, they don't actually appear to have any that are downloadable and/or readable.
DO any of you guys/girls happen to know of a good source of these?
Yeah, at the following Site there is 1 copy of Amiga Format, 4 copies of CU Amiga and 7 copies of Amiga Shopper.

http://amiga.treasureland.net/

Old 24 August 2006, 19:47   #6
Paul
RIP Friends

Thread moved to ยป Requests > req.Other

Last edited by Paul; 25 August 2006 at 19:13.
Old 25 August 2006, 10:16   #7
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Thanks to all for the help. Hipoonis, I'll get in touch shortly with my "wish list" for the cover disks. Matthew thanks, I'll be looking at those shortly (plus continuing the search for others).
By the way, the prog I was looking for that I thought was a front end and PD package was Amikit. Got it d/l plus the upgrades, now I just need to get hold of a copy of WB 3.9, as I didn't read the fact it doesn't work with 3.1!! Oh well, sneak the expense thru on the credit card so the wife won't notice!!
Old 25 August 2006, 10:24   #8
Ultron
Something

Man, it really pisses me off with the people who insist on hounding websites about 'ilegal' shit all the time.

Yeah, 'cause CU Amiga must be really losing a lot of cash from distributing disks from a magazine that no longer exists that came free with the magazine to begin with.

Jesus fucking christ. No really.

Can't these anal retentive sons of bitches understand they're destroying what is left of the Amiga and it's emulation scene -- Which unfortunately is quite pathetic compared to even the C64 and the ZX Spectrum, because of idiocies just like this.

And what's up with CodeMasters no letting distribute Dizzy's ZX spectrum tapes? What's up buds, not going to be able to sell a 7 colour game? What a bunch of godamned sons of friggin' bitches on a stick.
Old 25 August 2006, 10:36   #9
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Tell me about it Ultron. These mags haven't been in existence since what, at least 8 - 10 years ago (or am I going too far back??), and no doubt the software authors either now don't exist, or ain't gonna upgrade the majority of their packages, so why not release them into the public domain so that genuine Amigans can add to/improve them? Same goes for stuff that was shareware 10 or more years ago. These days there's no way of getting the necessary money to the authors as they either don't live at the same place anymore, or just ain't interested and have probably deleted the necessary shit from their systems.

Still, at least there are still some good people out there keeping it alive.......
Old 04 September 2006, 16:52   #10
cosmiq

Cant we just contact all those people to kindly ask if they have problems with it? I mean, it would be an honour if people would still play my 2392-year-old-game.
Old 05 September 2006, 03:53   #11
gizmomelb

or just anonymously release an archive of the ADF images on a public torrent tracker so that real Amigans can find it, if interested.
Old 05 September 2006, 06:32   #12
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jrjacobs76/

Last edited by Minuous; 25 October 2006 at 21:45.
Old 05 September 2006, 13:47   #13
glwxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous
"AmiKit" has been doing a lot of this lately, I suggest a boycott of his bug-ridden crap.
well, James Jacobs, you should rather explain your illegal activities first before you start talking like this
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/...=20247&forum=2

Old 05 September 2006, 15:01   #14
cosmiq

Please stop whining about copyright. Just buy the software which is worth buying. I've bought a lot of good games. Others are just pirated. I don't give a shit. Besides, a real good searcher can always find what he's looking for. Make it available to the public so that people can still enjoy this classic stuff, before it dies in memory.