English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 05 April 2023, 17:25   #1
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

CD32 and the TM file

I have managed to create a bootable CD32 Image from my Games Collection as it stands now, But in order to do that, I need the CD32.TM file, and I assume this is still copyrighted material

But I have booted some Assassins CD's and they do not feature this rotating CD32 Logo, just a Black Screen, and they work in Emulation anyway (I do not have a real CD32 to test with)

So my question is, Is there a way to extract this CD32.TM from the Assasins CD, which I can assume is not copyrighted, or certainly does not show a logo of any description so should be safe to use if I make a CD32 Games Collection up

Points to note so far, during testing my current Games Collection on the CD32 via WinUAE Emulation, some Games have graphical issues and so on, so if I did release it, for now it would be in BETATEST form

Even booting the Assassins CD and choosing Deluxe Pacman it loads and the Graphics are crashed, although the Game Music is fine, so these issues would of course need fixing before I could produce a CD32 Image which would fully work (unless the CD32 emulation is not quite accurate perhaps)

Can someone also let me know of any tools which can allow the Joypad to move and Left Click the mouse too, as I am using AmigaGuide for my Menu System, so need the Mouse control for that, unless there is another way

Many Thanks as always
Old 05 April 2023, 20:52   #2
thomas

I am quite sure that the complete CD32 developer kit including the TM files for CD32 and CDTV is on the Amiga Developer CD. You can find an ISO of it on the EAB file server.

There is also a German web site http://www.cd32-allianz.de/ which among various guides also hosts the CD32 and CDTV developer kits.
Old 05 April 2023, 21:28   #3
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

I have the kit thanks to a guy on Twitter (hes deleted the post in question sadly)

But I am wondering about the "legal" implications of distributing a self-created CDROM or ISO with the actual CD32 logo embedded in it (ie. it spins around at the beginning of the image when it loads in)

I assume the one that the Assassins CD uses does not show the CD32 logo on boot, which I assume they did use a blank image to avoid copyright issues

This is the reason I am asking if theres a way I can extract The Assassins CD32.TM file or indeed try and get a blank CD32.TM file without the spinning logo

I do not wish to get into copyright issues with the copyright holders of such imagery, if it booted "blank" then I guess it could work that way, But I do not want to risk booting a spinning logo which is copyrighted then find myself on the end of various lawsuits
Old 05 April 2023, 22:11   #4
redblade
Zone Friend

If you are selling the CD then yeah you need a developer license I don't think those 200 games on 1 CD actually bothered.

As for the Assassins CD, maybe it uses the CDTV.TM to boot, then checks which kickstart version it has the runs the required 'setpatch'
Old 06 April 2023, 03:45   #5
Matt_H

The developer licensing arrangement that Commodore established was rendered moot by the inclusion of the CD32 developer kit on the Amiga dev CDs. The entire purpose of including that package on the dev CDs was to get more people developing CD32 stuff.

There is no practical enforcement entity that could come after you for distributing a new CD32 title and if one were to materialize all you need is to prove you’re a legal owner of any one of the dev CDs. All CD versions - 1.1, 1.2, and 2.0 - include the CD32 materials.
Old 06 April 2023, 09:40   #6
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Thomas is right, both files are in allianz file.
Redblade is also right, vast majority of disc's used CDTV.TM file for compatability. Using setpatch to enable AGA if needed.

Using CD32.TM will cause disc to be in AGA and show CD32 logo.
Using CDTV.TM shows no CD32 logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga600 View Post
I have the kit thanks to a guy on Twitter (hes deleted the post in question sadly)

But I am wondering about the "legal" implications of distributing a self-created CDROM or ISO with the actual CD32 logo embedded in it (ie. it spins around at the beginning of the image when it loads in)

I assume the one that the Assassins CD uses does not show the CD32 logo on boot, which I assume they did use a blank image to avoid copyright issues

This is the reason I am asking if theres a way I can extract The Assassins CD32.TM file or indeed try and get a blank CD32.TM file without the spinning logo

I do not wish to get into copyright issues with the copyright holders of such imagery, if it booted "blank" then I guess it could work that way, But I do not want to risk booting a spinning logo which is copyrighted then find myself on the end of various lawsuits
Old 06 April 2023, 10:12   #7
patrik

One additional detail is that the CD32 boots somewhat faster with CD32.TM. Don't remember the exact difference unfortunately.