English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 30 March 2023, 11:25   #41
jbilander

It is really a shame people cannot respect the licensing. To be more clear about it, add a LICENSE file to the GitHub repo (with your license type text content in it) and it will show up on the GitHub page (right side). There will be no doubts. See attachment.

BTW, awesome work you have done with this design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GitHub_LICENSE_display.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	78470  
Old 30 March 2023, 11:47   #42
SukkoPera
Mighty Pirate

I will do that, thanks for the suggestion, but the license terms are clearly indicated in the README and on the board itself already. It is the responsibility of whoever wants to use the board to understand what they can and cannot do with it. If someone wants to find out I'm sure they can do that easily.
Old 31 March 2023, 16:42   #43
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukkoPera View Post
I will do that, thanks for the suggestion, but the license terms are clearly indicated in the README and on the board itself already. It is the responsibility of whoever wants to use the board to understand what they can and cannot do with it. If someone wants to find out I'm sure they can do that easily.
1 suggestion for the A500++ board addon is to add a NO pushbutton switch pads from 555 timer to ground so you can easily add a Reset switch so you can do warm resets of the Amiga without need of keyboard or shorting etc
Old 31 March 2023, 17:18   #44
SukkoPera
Mighty Pirate

Good idea, but I don't plan to work on Raemixx500 anymore. It's simple enough for anyone to do anyway and a good way to take the first steps in Kicad.
Old 31 March 2023, 22:08   #45
alenppc

Would it be possible to order one of these PCBs but NOT get it manufactured by PCBWay? They are an awful company that sends out lots of defective PCBs (not to mention spams relentlessly) so I really don't want to support them (plus I don't want to waste a month of work on a broken PCB).

I would need the board to replace my heavily varta-damaged A500+ motherboard.

I am happy to support your work @SukkoPera and if I can send you a donation or something for a link to get these manufactured by a more reputable manufacturer (e.g. JLCPCB), I'd be happy.
Old 01 April 2023, 01:09   #46
SukkoPera
Mighty Pirate

My experience is probably 85% PCBWay, 10% JLCPCB (mainly for SMD assembled stuff) and 5% others. Personally, I've never had major problems with any of them. It's true that PCBWay's solder masks and silkscreens are often slightly misaligned, but that only seems to happen with their $5/10pcs tier, which I think is unmatched by the competitors. Higher tier stuff seems to be of better quality. Anyway, all the boards I got have always been usable, but it's also true that I don't do fine-pitch stuff.

I've *heard* that other people had problems with Raemixx boards manufactured by JLCPCB. Allegedly they often get "bigger boards" bad. I've never seen one of these, so I can't judge, it's only rumours I've heard. One person I trust has ordered Raemixx boards 6 months ago and apparently they were good, so this might have only been a temporary issue or even just bad luck. One thing I like about them is the solder mask quality, they seem to be using a better material than what PCBWay use for their lowest tier, at least. Also their SMD order process is much more straightforward than PCBWay's, thanks to their partnership with LCSC.

Before anyone brings it out: yes, PCBWay have sponsored my LittleSixteen project but they didn't ask for much in exchange to be honest. It's true that they spam a lot but they didn't ask me to do it, which I appreciated. What I said above is my genuine and honest experience.

@alenppc: Going to send you a PM.