English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 13 May 2023, 11:27   #21
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Never silly. This is all part of the journey.
Old 26 June 2023, 03:16   #22
arcanist

Bumping this thread to add some notes for future Googlers.

There is a V3.5 manual link on the FTP at /TOSEC-PIX/Commodore Amiga - Manuals - Applications/Real 3D User Manual Version 3 (1995)(Realsoft).zip. However, this only documents changes since V2 and is otherwise very incomplete.

The V2 manual is much more elusive. I have not been able to locate a scan but did track down a text version on Aminet in
LSD43. This is the manual distributed with a Real 3D V2 crack but missing some diagram image files. You don't really need them.

For RTG support set up wfmhcybergfx (seems the registration key is only in wfmhcybergfx_src.lha). It'll work with a 16-bit or 32-bit screen but make sure to reduce the "depth" to 8 in the screen mode requester. This doesn't affect the render colors. To make the Palette requester work tick "No HAM palette" in Settings -> General.

I have not been able to make the Animation screen open in RTG mode. I suspect ModePro would fix it but I'm mostly interested in static scenes so I haven't tried it.

Happy solid modelling.

Last edited by arcanist; 26 June 2023 at 03:57. Reason: Link to registered wfmhcybergfx
Old 15 September 2023, 16:34   #23
peo

Real3D manual

A text-only hand-typed-off-copy of the Real3D v2 manual can be found on LSD Docs #43. I got a reply from Vesa about Real3D and the manual:

"Unfortunately I could not find the latest Amiga version. You might find it from the Internet, because I believe we gave the software to the Amiga community long time ago, to be distributed free of cost. I did find the Real 3D v2 manual in digital form, though."

So if he actually found the document that was sent to the manual printing company, we finally will have a good 'digital form' of the documentation, without having someone to destroy and scan the 600 page printed manual.

There also is a booklet created by Amiga Format with their coverdisk giveaway of Real3D 1.4, search for "Amiga_Format_Supplement_Issue_077_1995_Nov_Real_3D.pdf"
(or use grep on the file list, replace '_' with '.' so it will match anything in between the words)

The Amiga Format booklet is also available as text-only on LSD Doc disk 64.

On realsoft.com, the documentation for the "current" version of Real(soft)3D (no longer in active development, but still getting bug fixes) is available for download.