English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 May 2021, 17:35   #1
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Mev Dinc - Life Is A Game biography

Hi all! Long time since I've posted here and I use to be a regular, posting a fair bit. Yup, I'm still playing Amga games via the amazing WinUAE but over the past few years, I have been concentrating on pixel art, primarily ZX Spectrum, even releasing my own book, Better Late Than Never.

Anyhow, as a result of being a prolific pixel artist (ahem), I've got to know and become friends with legends of yesteryear, which is surreal as to me, they are icons I looked up to giving us ground-breaking games on Spectrum and Amiga! Back in 2019, I did a Happy New Screen year (Speccy) and thereafter, approached by award-winning developer Mev Dinc. Yep, the guy who did First Samurai on the Amiga as well as many other games! He asked if I'd be interested in doing a cover for the English version of his book, which was already released in Turkish (his native country). How could I refuse!

I ended up doing the book title with another good friend doing the film strip. I've not long finished reading the book (300 pages) and it really is a gripping rag to riches story, with many ups and downs, obstacles faced to his success as a game developer. Ironic to think even when a work colleague at a factory Mev worked at persuaded him to get a Spectrum, he showed no interest in it or in games! Rest is history!

Mev's book is available in paperbook or Kindle at Amazon and other online book stockists. I've not put the link as not sure if it's allowed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	book cover.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	71771