English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 04 July 2005, 17:24   #1
richeyjh

Save game problems - No idea how to!

Very new to all this, i now have just one more problem though i think...How do i save a game?

At the moment i have:
WinFellow,
2 Adf Files for the game "Premier Manager 3"
1 Adf File for the data editor for Premier Manager 3
2 Kickstart Roms

is there a file i need which i can write saved games to?

When i go to save a game in the editor i says "invalid directory" or "no disk in drive..." i assume i need some sort of file in the directory of win fellow, to write the save game to...
If i find this file, would it be possible to then edit the data using the editor program, and then load this data in the actual game?

I must sound like a real newbie I know...I never had an amiga myself,...just a spectrum, and old pcs.

Old 04 July 2005, 20:16   #2
EmuChicken

Think of an Amiga as a standard system, with no form of hard drive... you need a save disk matey!

You'll need to create an ADF file (imagine an ADF as a floppy disk), which I'm unsure that you can do on winfellow- so grab winuae and create a floppy image.

Usually games require a "formatted disk", but on some games (ie cannon fodder, dune 2) you can use an ingame format utility which makes a disk save-compatible with that game. ... otherwise, a) open up workbench, and run the format tool (erm, in the tool menu with the right mouse button) or b) get xcopy or a familiar copy tool to format the disk.

.... If you're completely lost- another thing you could do is use that save state thing that's with winuae ... doh