English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 18 April 2010, 16:09   #1
Fragger

Sierra, all your base are belong to us...

....gahaha .. i want em all...
To be honest, there are still some games missing.

But i think its my purpose to have a complete collection, including Donald Ducks Playground.

To see the picture in big:

http://www.mightygamers.com/sierra.jpg

Regards, Fragger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101_small.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	25014  
Old 18 April 2010, 16:25   #2
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

do you not want budget (kixx?) versions?

I have some of those i'd be willing to sell!
Old 18 April 2010, 16:31   #3
Fragger

Thanks for your answer...

No, i´m only looking for original releases...this counts for my whole collection of amiga games.

I know the enhanced version (256 colors i guess) of Larry 1 is only available as a Kixx release, but this is not on a high priority for me.
Old 18 April 2010, 19:49   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragger View Post

No, i´m only looking for original releases...this counts for my whole collection of amiga games.

I know the enhanced version (256 colors i guess) of Larry 1 is only available as a Kixx release, but this is not on a high priority for me.

Awwwww man, Wheres my collection, I swear you said you were going to give them all for me for my Birthday, .

Also, what about Dynamix, there other branch off, they done some good stuff.
Old 18 April 2010, 20:15   #5
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I have this one fully boxed and complete in excellent condition: http://hol.abime.net/749/boxscan
Old 18 April 2010, 20:42   #6
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:

What about this, .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commodore-Amig...item27abe4ee5c
Old 18 April 2010, 22:35   #7
Fragger

Thanks for those interesting comments and links.
I never played Thexder in my life, but i guess its a rip off from Turrican or something like that. I´m also interested in the missing Hoyle Games.
Old 19 April 2010, 01:22   #8
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
I´m also interested in the missing Hoyle Games.
I've just double checked and it's the Kixx XL version If your still interested then you can have it for the cost of postage if you want?

It's the one in the top right of this photo (obviously ):

Old 19 April 2010, 17:46   #9
Nostalgeek
OT Whore

Wow, impressive collection! As a self-called ultimate sierra adventure games psychopat, I'm particularly impressed to see that

I have several boxes that you don't have but....PC ones

Just a question though:

What about the double PQ1-2-3 boxes? They're exactly the same, or different versions/releases?

Same question for the 3 Codename:ICEMAN boxes?

Talking about Iceman, what a shitty game well not really, I finally made it to the end for the first time a few weeks ago on DosBOX, abusing savegames lol...well, the adventure parts are enjoyable, but the submarine arcade fights are a total pain and an absolute waste of time imo. Globally that's the only bad critic I can make about these good old Sierra games I love so much: the absolutely painful arcade sequences, Iceman submarine fights probably being the worst they've done EVER!

But again, superb collection mate

PS: No "Gold Rush!" in there? Too bad! Ever played it? It's one of Sierra's last AGI adventure games (together with ManHunter2 and KQ4, which was released in both AGI and SCI at the same time but the AGI version was quickly replaced with the SCI one, making KQ4 AGI ultra-rare!) , and a damn good one imo. It's pretty unknown and it deserves more attention so that's why I'm mentioning it
Old 21 April 2010, 22:43   #10
StarEye
Zone Friend

I can't see Willy Beamish! You have Heart of China and Rise of the Dragon, but you seem to be missing Willy of Beamish?
Old 21 April 2010, 23:09   #11
rockersuke

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kada View Post
No, this game was 32 colours on the Amiga (if we're talking about the Amiga version here). There was no AGA verison of it.
And It wasn't a Kixx only release, though the Kixx box is the only one scanned at HOL. There was an original Sierra release:

These are my 5 Amiga Larrys, in fact they're all the Sierra originals I have. Some time in the future I'll start hunting King Quests

--
Old 22 April 2010, 01:15   #12
laffer
Zone Friend

That's awesome!

If anyone has any Sierra PC games (in great shape) you want to sell... you'll get a good price from me

Anyway, that is a nice collection you have there!
Old 22 April 2010, 02:18   #13
Mogilny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgeek View Post
Talking about Iceman, what a shitty game well not really, I finally made it to the end for the first time a few weeks ago on DosBOX, abusing savegames lol...well, the adventure parts are enjoyable, but the submarine arcade fights are a total pain and an absolute waste of time imo. Globally that's the only bad critic I can make about these good old Sierra games I love so much: the absolutely painful arcade sequences, Iceman submarine fights probably being the worst they've done EVER!
This game was one of my favourites as a kid even though I never managed to get to the sub. Remember buying Mai Tais in the bar and playing volleyball.
Old 22 April 2010, 08:29   #14
Nostalgeek
OT Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny View Post
This game was one of my favourites as a kid even though I never managed to get to the sub. Remember buying Mai Tais in the bar and playing volleyball.
So true Actually, never got to the sub when I was a kid either, and I loved the beginning of the game too

Pretty funny how they ride on the James Bond/Secret Agent cliché's in the beginning of the game, with the hero first saving the life of a swimmer, then going to the bar, hook up with a random female, offer her champagne (how romantic!), dance (who remembers that dance sequence??? epic ) then go to her place to finish the night...but wait.......

[spoiler]

she's A SPY!!!!!!! (*crowd goes: how unexpected!*)

[/spoiler]

well, good game nonetheless.. the submarine fights excepted, but I guess you start to get the picture I hate them
Old 26 April 2010, 09:54   #15
Fragger

I never played Codename Iceman back in the old days, but i heard much about it due to the reviews in game magazines.

So i really love those Police Quest games (ok - not PQ 4 on PC, because its crap) and i love Leisure Suit Larry too. Kings Quest is just a "nice to have" for me.

Most frustrating point is, that i sold my A1200 and all games (about 80 boxed games) back in 1996 (guess what - for a very cheap price, i really sold my soul), so i have started to rebuild my collection in 2002. All games you can see in that picture, are from that period or later. But those are not the "original" games i bought / received as a present. This is a difference for me. Its hard to describe this feeling, but i think most people will know what i mean.

So what are next steps? I´m always on the look to find any missing games in my collection, but i´m also collecting games from other companies. I cannot buy and collect tons of games, because i don´t have the required space for it.
Old 16 June 2010, 10:31   #16
Fragger

Can´t believe it myself but i finally found Donald Duck´s Playground on ebay us .
So i think i will receive it within the next days.