English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 December 2020, 01:36   #1
YouKnowWho
Banned

WARP 1260 - Real or Vapour?

Hey, anyone beside a few YouTube reviewers actually got their hands on the WARP 1260? Any experience with CS-Labs on getting this thing?

I have tried to email CS-Labs a bunch of times asking to buy one of these things, via email on their site and messaging system form they provide and it has been months of attempts to reach them with no reply.

Has anyone been successful getting one of these things? Has anyone got in touch with those mad geniuses who are too busy making stuff to reply? Any pointers or perhaps resellers who have these available?

Alternatively, anyone know how to reach the dude at TerribleFire to perhaps get one of his 1260 boards?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 27 December 2020, 14:09   #2
Chucky

They are extremly busy with their daytime work aswell. they have showed photos on FB where they are producing 80 cards at the moment
Old 02 January 2021, 07:32   #3
Charles Littell

The cards will be ready when they are ready. I know nobody wants to buy one of those cards if they have not fully tested them out. I am willing to wait.
Old 02 January 2021, 13:11   #4
Chucky

well there is a strange belif also among some people that thinks it is "just to design and ship" and have no understanding of the time it takes. especielly when it is not a daily job..
Old 02 January 2021, 19:25   #5
Ami

Do you already have 060? If not, forget about buying Warp.
Old 03 January 2021, 15:24   #6
masterchief

TF1260 project has been cancelled fyi. Personally, I am waiting for the ACA1260, even though there is also no concrete info about a release window.
Old 11 January 2021, 18:53   #7
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchief View Post
TF1260 project has been cancelled fyi. Personally, I am waiting for the ACA1260, even though there is also no concrete info about a release window.
That product looks quite close to being ready. And track record for iComp on delivering product is so good, I have no issues EVER buying their stuff. If I was a betting man, I'd say the ACA1260 will be first to actually be DELIVERED!

I have a budget for an 060 and no one wants to take it. Few more weeks and spring will be here and I won't care about the Amiga until winter again.
Old 11 January 2021, 18:55   #8
Chucky

#define delivered

Old 11 January 2021, 20:05   #9
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
#define delivered

As in, place order on iComp and it ships. As it should. Honestly, along with the few resellers I dealt with - like OnTheLake, and AmigaStore, iComp runs a tight ship. Hard to believe it's a hobby too, because it's totally properly done stuff. Others seem to be doing Micky Mouse nonsense - TF1260 and WARP included.

I mean, in the very least reply to email. WARP guys are ridiculous on this point. If they can't do it because they have other jobs, recruit someone to do it! I'm sure there are bored people who can be of help to at least classify and prioritize order emails from the inbox.

I've made a number of attempts to email WARP to the posted email over 3 months. NOT A SINGLE REPLY!

I won't buy any WAPR stuff on principal now to be honest. You can't take the time to reply when I want to buy the product? What chance do I stand in getting reply at any time after I buy your "hobby project"? No thanks!

Anyhow...68020 is quite....right. I was always fond of B cup anyway. D is too much to hold.
Old 11 January 2021, 20:07   #10
Chucky

I comp is a company.

cslabs. well technically it is. BUT! their main area is not amiga stuff. it is not where they get the food on the table.

and you can guess they get alot of mails. being just 2 persons. what is best prio: answer mail or actually do boards when time is available.

you can't have both: answer mail OR do boards?
Old 11 January 2021, 20:15   #11
Chucky

", recruit someone to do it"

You know people complain that 500eur+cpu is too much? right?
Old 11 January 2021, 20:31   #12
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
I've made a number of attempts to email WARP to the posted email over 3 months. NOT A SINGLE REPLY!

I won't buy any WAPR stuff on principal now to be honest. You can't take the time to reply when I want to buy the product? What chance do I stand in getting reply at any time after I buy your "hobby project"? No thanks!
Lol, you really are a bit of an entitled prick aren't you? I can't decide whether to reply here, the TF1260 thread, or with your latest pish about Doom killing the Amiga.

That said, despite everything, you are actually correct on one thing. If you have the money and resources, you can pay someone with the skills to make the thing you want. That in mind, why don't you go fund your own 060 card project, we'll wait
Old 11 January 2021, 20:52   #13
johnnybarker

@youknowWho

I am trying to work out your agenda. You seem really determined to give away your money for something that apparently you don't really want. Why not give it to charity or to someone who has been made unemployed by the pandemic?

You are correct that Jens does indeed run a tight ship although my understanding is even then he only just breaks even. He probably will deliver a decent product however if there is a chance he will lose out financially then he may not take the risk (who could blame him). I understand TF has a long way to go before looking like breaking even, let alone making a profit. He left for numerous reasons one of the main ones being people expecting/demanding things without making a contribution. He doesn't need money by the way. I cannot really comment on cs-labs but I do know that the warp cards are never going to make them money and that they must understandably focus on the day job.

You need to sit back and relax and take what comes along. The most important lesson of being an amiga fan is to enjoy what is here and now. By all means get excited about what may come but just don't count on it. Personally, I am really looking forward to the BoXer and the Amijoe.
Old 11 January 2021, 21:15   #14
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Lol, you really are a bit of an entitled prick aren't you? I can't decide whether to reply here, the TF1260 thread, or with your latest pish about Doom killing the Amiga.

That said, despite everything, you are actually correct on one thing. If you have the money and resources, you can pay someone with the skills to make the thing you want. That in mind, why don't you go fund your own 060 card project, we'll wait
I hope you didn't expect me to read past your name calling? Entitled prick?

You lack manners and decorum.

If engineers don't know how to address the limited market, they should hand-off to someone who knows how to bring the product to market.
Old 11 January 2021, 21:20   #15
johnnybarker

"bring the product to market."

I think you are missing the point. This is not a market, it is a hobby.
Old 11 January 2021, 21:26   #16
EAUniW

Last edited by EAUniW; 12 January 2023 at 15:40.
Old 11 January 2021, 21:29   #17
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybarker View Post
@YouKnowWho

I am trying to work out your agenda.
No agenda.

FEEDBACK! I'm a 1260 customer ready to buy sharing my experience out here.

I am surely not alone in this view of wanting to support projects around the 1260, but no one is making it easy. They aren't responding. Throwing silly tantrums.

I'm here standing with money in hand wanting to buy it. It appears none of them want it. So yes, increasingly I'm feeling that I don't want to hand over my support. As I wait for someone to step up and reply to email or not throw tantrums, I am certainly reconsidering if all this trouble is even worth it.
Old 11 January 2021, 21:30   #18
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybarker View Post
"bring the product to market."

I think you are missing the point. This is not a market, it is a hobby.
There is a market. I'm part of it. So are many others.

Unless there is just the 5 of us in the world?
Old 11 January 2021, 21:31   #19
Chucky

thinking of the time it takes to develope a 060 solution..

not much of a real market...
and then the availability of CPUs is a issue
Old 11 January 2021, 21:37   #20
rabidgerry

I luckily have bagged myself a 060 for a future new release accelerator card. All possibilities are open, however having emailed Jens recently (he always replies which is great) he told me the 060 project is still happening but no indication as to when. He said other things he is working on are taking priority or words to that affect.

From what he told me, they will only ship with 040's and these will be socketed. Then if you want a 060 you obviously have to have your own and then you can fit it yourself. I had an idea it would be something like this as there are bugger all 060's out there to stock pile for a project such as that.

I would favour his product as I was super impressed with the functions and entire package of the ACA1233n-40 I bought.

This isn't me saying the WARP hasn't good options or anything, I don't know much about it to be honest other than that Mexican guys video on youtube where is goes bezerk over it and over clocks it to like 100mhz.