English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 September 2019, 19:24   #1
ZEUSDAZ

FINAL FIGHT (AMIGA) - Sh*t Rated at Last.

Welcome to another "Shit Game Time" review and finally I shit-rate Final Fight on the Amiga A500 which was endlessly requested BY my viewers and subs, I hope you enjoy it enough to subscribe if you haven't already.

Final Fight SGT Video:
[ Show youtube player ]

SHIT GAME TIME SERIES - ALL VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fklqwZi6s2J0eh

Zeus.
Old 19 September 2019, 20:39   #2
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Welcome to another "Shit Game Time" review and finally I shit-rate Final Fight on the Amiga A500 which was endlessly requested BY my viewers and subs, I hope you enjoy it enough to subscribe if you haven't already.

Final Fight SGT Video:
[ Show youtube player ]

SHIT GAME TIME SERIES - ALL VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fklqwZi6s2J0eh

Zeus.
In Richard's defence... which is here the bloke had to put food on the table.

Let me know when you've coded and released a game like Final Fight (or any game) and I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to review it.

Richard Aplin gets on this site now and again, give the guy some fucking respect for fuck sake.
Old 19 September 2019, 20:44   #3
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Yeah very difficult task, he ripped the graphics directly from the Arcade board hardware in the 90s.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:11   #4
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post

Let me know when you've coded and released a game like Final Fight (or any game) and I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to review it.

Richard Aplin gets on this site now and again, give the guy some fucking respect for fuck sake.
Very interesting read, thank you.

Funny, I played FF a lot in arcade, but never played it on Amiga.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:44   #5
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:

Obviously you haven't watched / listened to the video, if you had then you'd hear I did exactly that,..showed respect especially regarding Double Dragon II, I mentioned I spoken to him and not put the full blame on his plate.

Please get all facts together before you verbally attack someone,...sticks and stones to me but could go down worse with others you aim it at and will make you come across as a troller.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:49   #6
mcgeezer

Quote:
Obviously you haven't watched / listened to the video, if you had then you'd hear I did exactly that,..showed respect especially regarding Double Dragon II, I mentioned I spoken to him and not put the full blame on his plate.

Please get all facts together before you verbally attack someone,...sticks and stones to me but could go down worse with others you aim it at and will make you come across as a troller.
On the contrary I listened to the whole video while in the bath - 81 shit points??? What's that all about?

And no, I'm not a troller at all, but I will call you out for shitting on a developer who made the best of what he could of a game.... now, as I said. Where's your game for review? That's right, you don't have one, but I can review your video which is what I'm doing here and I can tell you it's pile of shit.

While I'm on.... Richard would have had no idea what RRP the game would sell at or have input to it, like many developers of the time they were working to constraints. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the fucking publishers of the game who probably paid Amiga action to give it a good review.
Old 19 September 2019, 22:11   #7
Superman

Richard was put in a difficult position regarding this game and I think he did a good job on it considering the pressures. I actually enjoyed playing it too back in the day and sill dabble now and again.
Old 19 September 2019, 22:49   #8
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
On the contrary I listened to the whole video while in the bath - 81 shit points??? What's that all about?

And no, I'm not a troller at all, but I will call you out for shitting on a developer who made the best of what he could of a game.... now, as I said. Where's your game for review? That's right, you don't have one, but I can review your video which is what I'm doing here and I can tell you it's pile of shit.

While I'm on.... Richard would have had no idea what RRP the game would sell at or have input to it, like many developers of the time they were working to constraints. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the fucking publishers of the game who probably paid Amiga action to give it a good review.

Simple, if you don't like a tv prog,...switch over,...works for me.
Anyway, moving on now, got things to do..........
Old 19 September 2019, 22:50   #9
mcgeezer

Quote:
Pathetic.
Old 19 September 2019, 22:52   #10
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Very interesting read, thank you.

Funny, I played FF a lot in arcade, but never played it on Amiga.

Don't, stick to MAME or PS2 compilation for the real experience, you also won't have to deal with loading times and will have a pumping arcade soundtrack to keep the mood going
Old 19 September 2019, 22:56   #11
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Pathetic.

Oh dear, Yawnnnn.
Old 19 September 2019, 23:19   #12
mcgeezer

Quote:
Why should I turn a blind eye to what you're doing though which is basically poking fun out of people's hard work and getting youtube videos and fuelling the fire on top of what we already know.

Yes, the game isn't great...but someone (Richard) spent a considerable amount of time and effort making the game only for know it all like you to come and give him more reason to stick Youtube on his block list.

You mention Richard all over your video... blame the publisher, not him....

You my friend...are the one feeding the trolls I'm afraid.
Old 19 September 2019, 23:22   #13
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Don't, stick to MAME or PS2 compilation for the real experience, you also won't have to deal with loading times and will have a pumping arcade soundtrack to keep the mood going
well, i DID a soundtrack for someone that wanted to do a FF remake, but then he relented, so you can check if it this one fits (two channels, for now only four songs online but have all in-game ones); wonder if somebody can hack Richard version and add it? Have all the mod files...

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by saimon69; 19 September 2019 at 23:34.
Old 19 September 2019, 23:23   #14
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

You're right of course, but at this point with the loooooong Final Fight thread we already have on this site it just starts to feel like a big repetition.

I don't consider Final Fight Amiga a shit game myself. I can't do that to a game which offered me hours of coop playing pleasure. Yes it's a flawed port with gameplay errors, but all that paled compared to being able to play friggin' Final Fight at home. Yes it has slowdowns, but I considered that normal back in the day. So many games I played had slowdowns when things got busy. Yes it only has (minimal) sounds but - so many games back then made me choose between either sound or music. All of it was normal to me, I wouldn't think to rate that against a game.

So yeah - I must respectfully decline enjoyment of watching this video. But that's a rare occurrence to be honest, I look forward to your next dump
Old 19 September 2019, 23:41   #15
ZEUSDAZ

Cor blimey, who'd have thought 53 Final Fight SGT requesters would get me so much flak, 53 obviously felt they got ripped off by paying £25 quid for it and asked me to speak for them, maybe I had better send them here to justify themselves.
My SGT vids are like Room 101, people's hates get put in there just as disappointing games from our childhoods get put into the vault of shitness, this video is extremely mild to other SGT vids, BAD CAT for instance deserved It's rating and so does Final Fight,...as good as it looks the soul and fun are missing mostly because of the slowdown, the impossible moments you get batterd in the corner and cannot escape and no music.
It's the best version out of the 5 main systems at the time but it still fails.

Now go and have a go at all those who requested this game, quite a few of them on the youtube page of this video.
Old 19 September 2019, 23:46   #16
mcgeezer

Quote:
Cor blimey, who'd have thought 53 Final Fight SGT requesters would get me so much flak, 53 obviously felt they got ripped off by paying £25 quid for it and asked me to speak for them, maybe I had better send them here to justify themselves.
My SGT vids are like Room 101, people's hates get put in there just as disappointing games from our childhoods get put into the vault of shitness, this video is extremely mild to other SGT vids, BAD CAT for instance deserved It's rating and so does Final Fight,...as good as it looks the soul and fun are missing mostly because of the slowdown, the impossible moments you get batterd in the corner and cannot escape and no music.
It's the best version out of the 5 main systems at the time but it still fails.

Now go and have a go at all those who requested this game, quite a few of them on the youtube page of this video.
And there it is... you feeding Richard Aplin to 53 trolls. Well done sir, very well done.
Old 20 September 2019, 00:05   #17
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
And there it is... you feeding Richard Aplin to 53 trolls. Well done sir, very well done.

Oh jeeeeeez, talking to you is like trying to get a point across to a Liberal Democrat and not get a dismisive reply,...It's impossible.
I was feeding you to them.

Requests get sent to me daily, I look and play them and decide if It's worthy of a SGT video, I was requested Shadow of the Beast on Amiga to which I declined as it was a major achievement back in the day so I say about 60% of requests make it whereas others are too good to SGT and I refuse to place them there, so in other words I don't just SGT a game because someone wants me too, I play them first and in this case I agree with the 53, and the video is far from harsh.

Just get over yourself please, stop dragging this conversation on, you've made your point (many times), what's done is done with the video whether you like / agree with it or not, deal with it, move on.
Say what you will (I'm sure you will as you come across as someone who likes the last say,...go for it),...I can't be bothered, I'm bored now.
Old 20 September 2019, 00:08   #18
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
You're right of course, but at this point with the loooooong Final Fight thread we already have on this site it just starts to feel like a big repetition.

I don't consider Final Fight Amiga a shit game myself. I can't do that to a game which offered me hours of coop playing pleasure. Yes it's a flawed port with gameplay errors, but all that paled compared to being able to play friggin' Final Fight at home. Yes it has slowdowns, but I considered that normal back in the day. So many games I played had slowdowns when things got busy. Yes it only has (minimal) sounds but - so many games back then made me choose between either sound or music. All of it was normal to me, I wouldn't think to rate that against a game.

So yeah - I must respectfully decline enjoyment of watching this video. But that's a rare occurrence to be honest, I look forward to your next dump

Well there's 84 editions so I guess sooner or later there would be one you wouldn't agree with
Old 20 September 2019, 00:09   #19
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Back then coming from ZX Spectrum and C64 it was the best home port for a while until Super Famicom release and later SNES official release in Europe then quite alot later Mega CD version.
Old 20 September 2019, 00:10   #20
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Richard was put in a difficult position regarding this game and I think he did a good job on it considering the pressures. I actually enjoyed playing it too back in the day and sill dabble now and again.

Yep I agree with the attempt he did, I state that clearly in the video, looks far more like the arcade than SF1 did that's for sure, I just think he bit off a little more than he could chew on this occasion.