English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 May 2014, 21:12   #21
ChrisUnionNJ
Amibay Mod/Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psugeek View Post
Any chance you could submit this to the US Kindle store as well? I'd love to buy it to support the effort, but the amazon.co.uk site won't let me download to my US kindle.

Thanks!
I Purchased as well thru amazon.com here's the link..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-G...amiga+pd+games

Last edited by ChrisUnionNJ; 02 May 2014 at 21:16. Reason: Added link
Old 02 May 2014, 21:50   #22
amigapd

A big thank you to everyone, who has purchased the book so far, if you have enjoyed reading it, please take some time to write a customer review on Amazon to help raise the book's profile.

In terms of the pdf option, I am happy to make a pdf available for download but doing this means that I can't have the book available for free borrowing in the kindle library service. Currently, no one has borrowed the book using this service, so I think I may deselect this option in a week's time and make a pdf available to download from AmigaPd site. More details about this to follow in a weeks time.

A few individuals have mentioned if a physical book will be made available. This is an option, the cheapest cost is £19.99 due mainly to the number of pictures. This would be available via Amazon's print on demand service and the book would be A4 size. The earliest this could be made available would be end of July this year as I would like to do some minor tweaks and correct some minor errors before going to print.
Old 03 May 2014, 08:17   #23
Nostromo

Great, I will buy a print Copy.
Old 05 May 2014, 22:55   #24
andyhants

Bought the Kindle edition thanks & would definitely be interested in a print version. Incidentally are you going to be updating the Amigapd site with further extensions to the Catalogue. So I think G-H is due next?

Ps great site btw
Old 02 June 2014, 23:09   #25
amigapd

Big thank you to everyone who has downloaded the book - we have now sold over a 100 copies which is more than I expected for such a niche title.

I am currently working on the formatting for a printed / physical version and will update more about that as soon as it is ready for purchase.

I know there have been a couple of typo errors in the kindle book, which I will correct and upload a new edition which should be available as a free update to everyone who already has a copy. I will post an update when the new free update is available.

In terms of updating our website, I do apologise that due to this project and work commitments I haven't had time to continue work on it as I had originally planned. I do plan to update the catalogue at some stage but if I get some free time I plan to finish off the DangerMouse text adventure game which is has been left in a 95% complete state for far too long.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who has donated to our Mencap Just giving page and to those who have left postive reviews for the book via Amazon - all greatly appreciated.
Old 02 June 2014, 23:14   #26
john1979

Thanks for the update. As I am still unable/unwilling to buy a kindle version I still look forward to a physical or PDF edition. Will keep an eye on the thread
Old 03 June 2014, 20:46   #27
Kitty

Purchased thank you ;-)
Please could you at some point in the future release a PDF version as well, I would be more than willing to buy it again or make a donation,

Thanks, Christina
Old 04 June 2014, 00:29   #28
amigapd

I hope to make a PDF version available by the end of the month - I am currently doing some tidying up in readyness for the physcial book, mainly just removing commas, correcting the odd missing word and increasing the dpi of the pictures for some games reviews so they are all 300 dpi which seems to be the standard for printed books. Once this is done it is easy to save the file as a pdf and make it available. I will post again when this is available.

I will also upload the new edition to Amazon so those who have already purchased the book will get a free update.
Old 04 June 2014, 09:28   #29
Pyromania

Just purchased, thanks for making books about Amiga.
Old 04 June 2014, 12:04   #30
spud

It is a great read and has inspired me to revisit some games I haven't played before or completely forgotten about from the distant past. The music in Elevation is completely nuts!
Old 06 June 2014, 16:24   #31
voyager_1701e

I bought a copy...will do nicely to fill some time on my upcoming AUS>Thailand flight...phone on flight mode of course
Old 20 July 2014, 00:34   #32
amigapd

Just a quick update - the revision for the physical paperback copy is taking longer than expected - mainly due to work commitments (thankfully these have now eased ) so this probably wont be available until later this year - I hope to get a proof copy for end of August -

I know some folk wanted a pdf copy - I am happy to make this available - please PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy -
Old 21 July 2014, 18:38   #33
Havie

Bought a copy and converted it for my Kobo and had a really good read. Well revisit and then download the games I haven't played and some I have in the past. I would recommend Doddy!
Thanks for a great book.
Old 14 August 2014, 22:50   #34
amigapd

Just a quick update - I have submitted the text file to Amazon's Create Space (on demand printing service) so I should be receiving a physical book version to do a final proof read - then it should be available for purchase.

In terms of the price - it is currently £20.99 - I wanted to try to keep it under £20 but I think it is due to the number of pictures and the size of the pictures - Also the book is large at around A4 rather than A5 size - I have also added an honorable mentions section following on from some feedback on games that readers thought should be included - this may go if it has a significant impact on reducing the price.

Will provide more updates over the coming weeks - thanks again to everyone who has bought a copy of the e-book version - I have uploaded a newer edition (1.1) which should be available as a free update and removes some known errors.

Once this project is complete I hope to get back to working on some PD games for the Amiga - work commitments permitting.
Old 14 August 2014, 22:55   #35
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Awesome commitment and dedication to this project! Thank you for all your work in preserving the memory of these great games that could have so easily have been forgotten.
Old 14 August 2014, 22:56   #36
seuden
uber cool demi god

What Peter said.

Edit: BTW amigapd, you should have a link to the Amazon page in your signature. ;-)
Old 14 August 2014, 23:22   #37
amigapd

Thanks Peter - you will be pleased to know there is an extra page dedicated to Scavenge and I ve included a £20 reward (paid by me) to the first person to provide a copy of the full version of the game.

Thanks Seuden also for the good suggestion about including a link on my signature - I must be too tired to work out how to edit it though - as when I go into about me all the other categories have a pencil icon to edit them apart from the signature one - can you PM me about how I can edit an existing signature.
Old 14 August 2014, 23:27   #38
seuden
uber cool demi god

Go to "User CP" top left of this page then under "Settings & Options" click Edit Signature.

Edit: Just to confirm that I have read most of this and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 16 August 2014, 16:50   #39
amigapd

Thanks Seuden - hopefully I now have a link in my signature.

Just a quick update to everyone - I have now placed an order to receive a proof copy of the physical book - this should be delivered by the end of next week - I will update more when it arrives.
Old 25 August 2014, 09:21   #40
LieutLaww

Purchased