English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: What's the best Heroes game?
King's Bounty 5 29.41%
I 1 5.88%
II 1 5.88%
III 9 52.94%
IV 0 0%
V 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 April 2010, 17:40   #1
mattbarton.exe

Heroes of Might and Magic

Hi, Amigans. I made the new show about Heroes of Might and Magic! I also included some footage from Amiga and Warlords. If you're not familiar with the series, it's a turn-based strategy/rpg hybrid with a fantasy theme.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 April 2010, 19:33   #2
jmmijo

Heya Matt, I preferred Kings Bounty myself and now I'm playing the resurrected series, Kings Bounty: The Legend and Armored Princess.

My father likes the HOMM series the best and it playing HOMM5 with the expansion packs now
Old 18 April 2010, 23:19   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

HOMM 3 (with expansion), no doubt in my mind. The graphics, the gameplay, the missions, the difficulty, the music, the sheer size of the game, it is a thing of beauty.
Old 18 April 2010, 23:43   #4
mattbarton.exe

At the risk of causing a scandal, I must admit to never having played IV or V. I think one reason for that is that I consider Heroes to be a multiplayer hotseat game, and since moving to Minnesota just don't have any friends to play it with. Playing competitive games with my wife is a BAD idea. We argue enough doing co-op, much less competitive!!! Who was it that said, "If she wins, you win?" LOL!

Anyway, after playing them again, I'm torn between II and III. I'd have to do a deeper study to see which ones actually plays better, but both just seem excellent to me. Right now, I'm feeling III is the winner, because it has a better (at least more extensive) storyline. That opening cinematic is great, too, though I have to wonder--

HELLO, this is a mother with a husband and son, and she's a warrior...AND she's parading around in a metal thong??? Good grief, why does every female warrior have to wear armor that doesn't protect their most vital assets? I'm reminded of the cover of Curse of the Azure Bonds, of course, as well as Red Sonja.

I guess though the enemies might be so distracted by the cleavage that it might offset the compromised armor. Let's just hope they never go up against a gay man!
Old 18 April 2010, 23:50   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbarton.exe View Post
HELLO, this is a mother with a husband and son, and she's a warrior...AND she's parading around in a metal thong??? Good grief, why does every female warrior have to wear armor that doesn't protect their most vital assets?
Hey, HEY! Don't destroy a beautiful thing! Some things must not change, this is at the top of that list!

Old 22 April 2010, 11:50   #6
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Hey, HEY! Don't destroy a beautiful thing! Some things must not change, this is at the top of that list!

Cant argue with that

Minnesota where everyone is above average is that a local saying as I have heard it on Garrison Keillor's Radio Show
Old 23 April 2010, 17:19   #7
mattbarton.exe

Yes, I think Garrison Keillor came up with it.
Old 25 April 2010, 04:01   #8
laffer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post

Amen