English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 05 November 2009, 20:09   #1
Fabie
Banned

Extended adf to a real amiga floppy

hi

I want to know how to transfer correctly to real floppys those extended adf which I have downloaded from factor 5 website

I have done it with transadf and some games partialy worked

for ex,

bckid...works and the game boot and I can play it ,however I have not tested to the end of the game...so it's not really safe that the game was trasnfered correctly to the floppy

Turrican 2 and Turrican 1 also worked

but T3 does not works.....the game boot on my A1200 ,but then says "serious disk error"

any ideas how to solve this?
Old 05 November 2009, 21:19   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Those game are impossible to write back on real disk. Why ? Because your standard amiga disk drive CAN'T write the tracks of these games.

I seriously doubt you write back BCkid. This game uses Huge tracks and even with my own copy tool (powercopy in mind), it's not possible.

Extended ADF contains copy protections or longtracks.

Only some extended ADF like Wings of Death for example can be written back to disk.
Old 05 November 2009, 23:34   #3
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Those game are impossible to write back on real disk. Why ? Because your standard amiga disk drive CAN'T write the tracks of these games.

I seriously doubt you write back BCkid. This game uses Huge tracks and even with my own copy tool (powercopy in mind), it's not possible.

Extended ADF contains copy protections or longtracks.

Only some extended ADF like Wings of Death for example can be written back to disk.

so...what kind of floppy device I neeed to write back that extended adf or IPF files?

btw,

BCkid works ok .....but please note that I have not played the game until the end

it can fail after some screens

idem for Turrican 1 & 2...not fully tested...but works
Old 06 November 2009, 02:06   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

you misbehave on what are normal ADF and extended ADF.

If you have copied back on disk BCkid and turrican 1 & 2 it's normal cracked ADF.

It's impossible to WRITE copy protected games from Factor 5. They use long tracks and don't can't be written back on disks without special hardware.

For your information the original master disks were written with special NEC FD1035 floppy drives with custom motor speed control (not available to the public hardware).

You can't write back for the moment BCkid, Turrican I, II, III IPF or extended ADF.

Please stay on / rely on cracked versions.
Old 06 November 2009, 02:54   #5
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
you misbehave on what are normal ADF and extended ADF.

If you have copied back on disk BCkid and turrican 1 & 2 it's normal cracked ADF.

It's impossible to WRITE copy protected games from Factor 5. They use long tracks and don't can't be written back on disks without special hardware.

For your information the original master disks were written with special NEC FD1035 floppy drives with custom motor speed control (not available to the public hardware).

You can't write back for the moment BCkid, Turrican I, II, III IPF or extended ADF.

Please stay on / rely on cracked versions.
Ok I understand

I have another question

why those games works on winuae which I have transforned to normal adf files....901120 bytes but those normal images then not works on my real A1200?

it is posible make your own device like the NEC FD1035 or make a hardware hack to a normal floppy device and then write back extended adf and ipf files?
Old 06 November 2009, 16:34   #6
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

They use long tracks.

In french in the text :

Ces jeux sont protégés par pistes longues, si tu crées des images adf standard, les pistes qui sont sur la disquette seront décapitées ! tout betement.

Un lecteur de disquette amiga standard peut copier jusqu'à $1800 de données.
Les jeux factor 5 utilisent des pistes qui font plus de $1900 de longueurs.

Y a aucun moyen de copier actuellement ces formats spéciaux.

I apologize for speaking french on those technical details.
Old 06 November 2009, 22:41   #7
Fabie
Banned

merci pour tous compatriote !!!