English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 January 2007, 14:46   #1
moffball71

Pinball Illusions Graphics Glitch and Sound Filter Problem

Hi All, Hi Toni,

Contrary to a certain previous poster who complained about Winuae being a piece of poorly written crap, I would have to strongly disagree. Ive been following this project for 5 years and seen it grow from strength to strength. Its an amazing piece of software and I enjoy using it on a regular basis. Tremendous work Toni.

Anyway I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a small problem. I regularly use WinUAE as a CD32 emulator and Ive been playing Pinball Illusions and have noticed that when the game goes into hi-res mode for multi-ball mode one of the balls willl partially disappear making it difficult to see and so I often miss the ball. Even if I switch it to low-res mode the result is still the same. Has someone found a solution to this problem or is this something I will have to wait to be fixed in a future version.

I was also wondering if anyone had success in getting the full motion video sequences in Alien Breed Tower Assault to stop stuttering.

Also too I have found that in the latest version 1.3.4 that the RH sound filter that I use doesnt always seem to work. When I first select and save it in the config, and then start the emulator, it works. But if Ive had to quit the emulator and restart it the filter doesnt seem to work resulting in the high frequencies been rather bright and hashy. I double checked to see if it had been saved in the config which it had. I never used to have this problem in all versions up to 1.3.2.

Thanx guys.

Old 05 January 2007, 15:09   #2
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
its difficult enough to get cd32 games (fmv) to play 100% properly on an Amiga. Alotof time its due to speed of the drive. i hav a real 2x drive and most cd332 games play fine, but on faster drives, fmv doesnt always work properly. some drives respond to being forced down to 2x, but not all. but you could try this method if possible. its the same for most cd consoles and emus though. once the game is out of its natural environment, anything can happen.
Old 06 January 2007, 07:47   #3
moffball71

Thanx for the tip Matt. I'll give it a go.

Hopefully someone may also know if anything can be done about the glitch in Pinball Illusions.

Old 06 January 2007, 11:02   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Same happens with non-CD32 version of Pinball Illusions?
Old 06 January 2007, 18:06   #5
moffball71

Yes unfortunately, the same thing happens with the non-CD32 version. The score display also starts to glitch in hi-res mode with only half of it showing up complete. After multi-ball has finished the game should automatically return to lo-res mode, but it doesnt, it just stays in hi-res mode.

Old 06 January 2007, 18:13   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffball71
Yes unfortunately, the same thing happens with the non-CD32 version. The score display also starts to glitch in hi-res mode with only half of it showing up complete. After multi-ball has finished the game should automatically return to lo-res mode, but it doesnt, it just stays in hi-res mode.
Interlace issues are known but I thought it only affected the scoreboard.

Moving objects may look crappy due to interlace artifacts but there really isn't any 100% fixes to this problem. (and it has been discussed multiple times here already)

AFAIK game is not supposed to switch back to lores automatically.