English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 September 2020, 13:44   #1
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Amiga CD Football AKA TV Sports Football 2

Heya guys,

Anybody able to get this working: Amiga CD Football

The image file is here:
... /Non TOSEC-ISO CDs/AmigaCD/Game/AmigaCD_Football.iso
... /Non TOSEC-ISO CDs/AmigaCD/Game/AmigaCD_Football.iso.CDT
The disc structure is CDTV:
Have tried CDTV and CD32 configs, but no joy...
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 13:55   #2
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Ok, I can sort of get it working if I use a hard drive with CD-ROM enabled and then:

Code:
CD CD0: 
Execute S/Startup-Sequence




Thing is though, the selection / controls constantly scroll as if you are holding down... and yes I've turned off the mouse.

Also, maybe the disc hasn't been authored correctly to boot from CDTV?
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 13:55   #3
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Its not a CDTV game so won’t work on that setup. I have it working on CD32 setup, but i don’t know if its the same ISO i used before.
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:04   #4
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
It must be a different image then.

The one I've linked to doesn't work with any CD32 Quickstarts.

Also, as you can see from the WinRAR screenshot that there are CDTV files on the disc.

Can you share your working image please?
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:22   #5
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
It must be a different image then.

The one I've linked to doesn't work with any CD32 Quickstarts.

Also, as you can see from the WinRAR screenshot that there are CDTV files on the disc.

Can you share your working image please?
It will have CDTV named files on the disc because it was originally being developed for the CDTV before Commodore switched it to the CD32.

I don’t have any ISO’s bar the ones i’m working on since i have a new laptop with small ssd.
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:25   #6
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
I don’t have any ISO’s bar the ones i’m working on since i have a new laptop with small ssd.
What do you mean "the one you're working on"?

I thought you had a different image to the above of this game that works on CD32?
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:26   #7
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Rather i 'had' an image
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:28   #8
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Rather i 'had' an image
I've searched the web and the only image I can find is the one on the FTP

Anyone else?

Maybe someone who knows how to create bootable CD32 discs just needs to "fix" the image on the FTP so that it then boots on a CD32?
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:33   #9
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I've searched the web and the only image I can find is the one on the FTP

Anyone else?

Maybe someone who knows how to create bootable CD32 discs just needs to "fix" the image on the FTP so that it then boots on a CD32?

If the ISO is untouched it should boot on the CD32, more than likely a winuae setting, maybe start CD32 emu after start-up animation has finished?
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:37   #10
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
https://ia903200.us.archive.org/view...2009-04-18.zip

The above version works fine, btw you need to load via the cue, if you load via the iso you get the hectic control movement in the menu's.
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:43   #11
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Ah perfect, many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
btw you need to load via the cue, if you load via the iso you get the hectic control movement in the menu's.
If there's a .CUE file then I always load via that
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:46   #12
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ah perfect, many thanks.
No problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
If there's a .CUE file then I always load via that
Only reason i mentioned was i know you like to load from HDD, so you may have cut the audio out
Amigajay is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:48   #13
DamienD
Banned
 
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 46
Posts: 20,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Only reason i mentioned was i know you like to load from HDD, so you may have cut the audio out
Not with CDTV or CD32 games.

Only with AmigaCD titles, as most need to be installed anyway.

There are no audio tracks with this game; the bulk of the data are ".XL" files in the folder "XL_ANIMS"; well at least with the image on the FTP.

Edit: file has now finished downloading, I can see there are audio tracks with this image you linked too.
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 September 2020, 14:52   #14
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Not with CDTV or CD32 games.

Only with AmigaCD titles, as most need to be installed anyway.

There are no audio tracks with this game; the bulk of the data are ".XL" files in the folder "XL_ANIMS"; well at least with the image on the FTP.
There is audio tracks with the download link i posted.
Amigajay is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TV Sports: Football ricky500 Games images which need to be WHDified 44 08 August 2016 17:25
Crazy Football vs Brutal Football: Brutal Sports Series mailman Retrogaming General Discussion 9 04 July 2006 07:14
3 CD32 Games - Amiga CD Sports Football, Basejumpers & Clockwiser sut request.Old Rare Games 3 22 December 2004 13:22
TV Sports Football fiath support.Games 5 27 June 2003 09:50
[Found] --> Brutal Sports Football (was:Football / Soccer game with weapons?) One1 Looking for a game name ? 9 25 October 2002 16:54

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11542 seconds with 13 queries