English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 30 December 2021, 14:45   #21
ImmortalA1000

Funny how you think the bits that are going to be challenging turn out to be quite easy and vice versa. Made 2 really nice copper assisted 8 colour background but for the life of me I can't make a decent looking car without using 4 16 colour hardware sprites (which limits me to just 64 pixels wide or 20% of the screen width). So much hard work just to save 1 sprite by squeezing in a pair of 3 colour sprites to make it just 80 pixels wide.

Also, because all the videos of Sega Rally 1 are being played with the behind the car view AND the way the screen rotates I can't find a decent clip of the sort of dirt road texture I need for even a simple proof of concept video based on palette/colour resolution limitations of the features I am using. I might need to make my own via 2.5D functions of Dpaint 3 like I did back in 1991 for an Afterburner and Turbo OutRun looped anim I did. Dammit, this is getting waaaay too much work just to see what it could even theoretically look like without even doing chipset/CPU bandwidth calculations
(I am not a Shaun Southern quality Amiga or Even ST machine code programmer).