English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 January 2023, 11:50   #401
walkero

@TuKo
Thank you so much for your message and for letting me know about this problem. I will definitely have a look at that. Further info will be replied to your opened issue at GitHub.
Old 19 January 2023, 23:16   #402
itsmedoofer

Just a thought, would it be possible to store the favourites and times played data in a separate file, not the main game list ? Would speed up closing the app maybe, and make it easier if you need to rebuild your game list, like I've done several times now ?. Maybe a hash of the slave name could be used to link the data...

Like I said just a thought....
Old 20 January 2023, 01:33   #403
zodiac

I installled the latest iGame on an Amiga 500 with ACA500 plus. It works well except I get a guru every time I close it. Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks!
Old 20 January 2023, 10:51   #404
walkero

@itsmedoofer
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. You see many times the slave name is the same as other slave file names, so what you should do would be to get part of the path into the hashing, so to be sure that this is unique. To make sure that in a collection of 2500+ games, all the hashes are unique, you will need a big hash, which will take more time to create when you scan a game repository.

Also, you will not gain anything from speed, because you will need to do the same save twice, one for the game list and one for the statistics.

@zodiac
I am sorry to hear that. Have you tried older versions to see if they have the same problem? You can find them all at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases
Old 21 January 2023, 22:38   #405
itsmedoofer

Understood, thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated!
Old 31 January 2023, 00:14   #406
walkero

I am really glad to inform you that today I released a new version of iGame 2.2.1.

You can find it at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.2.1 and soon on Aminet and OS4Depot.

In this version you will find the following changes:

### Added
- Added Turkish catalog contributed by Serkan Dursun

### Fixed
- Now the 68K cpu specific versions are included in the archive. In v2.2.0 all versions where the same 68000 binary because of a missing flag in the compilation
- Willem Drijver contributed with a fix on Execute tooltype, which was not working well.

### Changed
- Removed the tooltypes from the iGame icons. They are not used any more
Old 31 January 2023, 07:36   #407
DanyPPC

Many thanks
Old 31 January 2023, 13:29   #408
Superman

New version installed and working nicely thanks.
Old 31 January 2023, 16:51   #409
Weasel Fierce

Not sure if the most recent update fixed this as I havent had a chance yet but Im getting an odd effect when renaming games:

It will rename the game just fine but then it leaves either a blank entry or a 0 in the games list. You can delete that entry from the gameslist file and everything is fine but its a bit awkward, since if you accidentally try to launch that "blank" game it freezes Igame.
Old 31 January 2023, 17:05   #410
npagonis73

All working fine here on my A1200 V2 with 3.2.1 Amiga OS.

Thanks for the update
Old 31 January 2023, 17:46   #411
walkero

@Weasel Fierce
Unfortunately, this new release does not fix this, and the reason is that I was not aware of it. I am working on a new code, that will help with this problem. Is it possible for you to create an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues, so that this is not forgotten?

@all
Thank you all for testing the new version of iGame. I am working on it a lot lately, and refactored many parts of it, having it faster on scanning and other parts. In between I found a few more bugs which I am fixing, but if in any way I forgot any of the problems you reported, please take the time and file an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues
Please a good description and a way to reproduce it. This way I can go to that list and see what I can fix before I do the next release.

If you can't do it, please remind me here of the comment number where you left your bug report.
Old 31 January 2023, 18:41   #412
wiz12

Which 68K cpu specific version is recommended if using a Vampire or would it matter?
Old 31 January 2023, 20:18   #413
Weasel Fierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@Weasel Fierce
Unfortunately, this new release does not fix this, and the reason is that I was not aware of it. I am working on a new code, that will help with this problem. Is it possible for you to create an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues, so that this is not forgotten?

@all
Thank you all for testing the new version of iGame. I am working on it a lot lately, and refactored many parts of it, having it faster on scanning and other parts. In between I found a few more bugs which I am fixing, but if in any way I forgot any of the problems you reported, please take the time and file an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues
Please a good description and a way to reproduce it. This way I can go to that list and see what I can fix before I do the next release.

If you can't do it, please remind me here of the comment number where you left your bug report.
A+.

Let me do a clean install first of the new version so I can check if it still occurs and if it does Ill file a report.
Old 31 January 2023, 20:18   #414
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Which 68K cpu specific version is recommended if using a Vampire or would it matter?
The 040 one
Old 31 January 2023, 23:00   #415
itsmedoofer

Just gave it a quick spin here and it seems sweet, first time I've ran the 060 version, could be me but it does seem noticeably snappier. Great stuff, really appreciated!!
Old 01 February 2023, 16:51   #416
Weasel Fierce

@walkero
It turns out either the new version did fix it or a clean install did. I wonder if it was some sort of bug introduced by some old files remaining in the IGame folder.

The newest version also feels pretty snappy and it seems like the recognition of game names is much nicer now too. I was a couple of updates behind, but very impressive work!

Last edited by Weasel Fierce; 01 February 2023 at 21:00.
Old 09 February 2023, 01:21   #417
walkero

Well, guys, I have a question for you.
I am working on the next version of iGame, which will have a few great fixes and better performance. One bug that I am fixing is the support of NewIcons. You see right now if a user changes the tooltypes of a game that is a NewIcon, the icon image data are dropped. So this breaks the icon.

I have a fix in place which has a few pros and cons
Pros
- The NewIcon data is dropped from the icon tooltypes (hidden part) and are stored in the icon itself. This is something like what OS3.1.4 and above do if you drop the new icons data.
- The icon image keeps on working
- The .info file is reduced almost to half
- Reduces the complexity in the code without having to care about the hidden data in icon tooltypes

Cons
- iGame will require icon.library v44+. For the users that do not use 3.1.4 or 3.2.x they will need to download and use the PeterK icon.library 46.4 and above from aminet.

My questions to you are:
1. what do you think of this solution?
2. Should I proceed with that, even if some users will be forced to update their icon.library?
3. Do you use older versions of icon.library than v44?
4. Should I consider different solution, like disabling the tooltypes edit from iGame if the icon.library version is lower than v44?

Thank you for your help and time.
Old 09 February 2023, 08:29   #418
Channel-Z

PeterK icon.library is what I use on all my Amigas including OS314 and OS321, I find it reliable and faster to populate a draw full of icons on screen over the std icon.library.
Old 09 February 2023, 11:08   #419
itsmedoofer

Maybe not make the updated icon library requirement but optional, those systems that do no meet the requirement, maybe have an option to open the containing folder instead of a direct edit as a compromise?
Old 09 February 2023, 11:24   #420
walkero

@itsmedoofer
Yeah, that is an option. That's why I am thinking to block the tooltypes in the properties window in this situation at point 4. I wouldn't like to keep the old buggy behaviour because... em... it is a wrong one
But please, keep the messages coming.