English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 27 January 2002, 20:12   #1
Ziaxx
Zone Friend

3 game requests

I have three game requests, seems like all sites (or many of them at least) mentioned in the "Read me first thing" are down or so? They just go to the main site of Tripod or Topcities!

Anyway, the games I'm looking for are: Another World, Blade Warrior and Conflict (just Conflict, it's some kind of strategy game taking place in the middle east). If anyone has these, please post them in the zone or let me know where else to find them! Thanks!
Old 27 January 2002, 20:19   #2
RetroMan

Another World is in the zone

//update : I also uploaded BLADE WARRIOR and CONFLICT - MIDDLE EAST, hope that´s the correct CONFLICT you´re searching for

Last edited by RetroMan; 27 January 2002 at 20:25.
Old 27 January 2002, 20:50   #3
jmmijo

Re: 3 game requests

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziaxx
I have three game requests, seems like all sites (or many of them at least) mentioned in the "Read me first thing" are down or so? They just go to the main site of Tripod or Topcities!

Anyway, the games I'm looking for are: Another World, Blade Warrior and Conflict (just Conflict, it's some kind of strategy game taking place in the middle east). If anyone has these, please post them in the zone or let me know where else to find them! Thanks!
Did you try www.pe2000.net or www.aceroms.com these two can sometimes be really slow or even off-line on occasion.

Also there is a large collection of titles over at www.back2roots.org a very nice collection in single file zipped format so they are smaller to download.

I also want to mention the IRC channel #emuchina and you can use mIRC or something like Trillian to connect to irc.newnet.net
Old 27 January 2002, 21:05   #4
Ziaxx
Zone Friend

Thanks RetroMan, that was fast and yes, it was the right Conflict game! Thanks man!

And yes jmmijo, I did try both pe2000.net and aceroms.com but they were either down or so slow so I thought they were down. And Back2roots had the titles mentioned but no link for downloading. But I do like that site, they have a great collection of things, so that's always one of my first choices. And thanks for the tips about IRC channels!
Old 27 January 2002, 22:05   #5
oldpx

Conflict Middle East. I remember this title. It was like "protect the israel, kill the arabs, buy more nukes, fuck all who resists" kinda racist, imperialist piece of propaganda shit. However it was different enough to be found interesting and have a look at.

Old 28 January 2002, 00:02   #6
RetroMan

Hmm, then I should perhaps have a look at it
Old 28 January 2002, 00:15   #7
oldpx

It was like "I can't believe someone made this abominable weirdo to run on my beloved amiga" kind of feeling

Old 28 January 2002, 01:34   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Did you try www.pe2000.net or www.aceroms.com these two can sometimes be really slow or even off-line on occasion.
For aceroms: a loud and clear :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh for this statement.
jmmijo, mate, do you REALLY believe that aceroms (i. e. the FTP where all the TOSEC files are stored on) will EVER go online gain? I do neither believe in Santa Claus nor do I believe in the Easter bunny.
I've just given up the hope because I think it's time to face reality. Full Stop.
Old 28 January 2002, 04:04   #9
jmmijo

True, true Andreas, I didn't want to dash anybody's hope however I did however just finish d/l all the C64 TOSEC single file versions from aceroms, so I know it works with some things listed there. However I had to use GetRight to completely get even the smaller 1MB files

I'm hoping to collect enough files to start my own FTP server, but alas, it looks like I may have to do the file share thing instead, like edonkey or something like it.

I know this board doesn't have the resources to host even the Amiga TOSEC files so the only other way of getting something available on a more regular basis is to setup an FTP server yourself or the file sharing method.