English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 01 October 2012, 12:11   #61
olesio

I own Pentagram Tab 8.0 from short time. It have Android 4.0 installed. But in my opinion there was still no good Amiga emulator at all. I tested only free solutions but from opinon at Google Play, even payment options are wasting your cash. DroidPUAE do not work. UAE4Droid can emulate only kickstart 1.3 and 2.0 and have no hdf support. It is funny and in my opinion even scary that some authors want cash for not finished emulators, which support only very old kickstarts and cannot emulate harddisk like probable author(s) of AnUAE4All want to do that. Ridiculous. Only one emulator which starts hdf and kick rom 3.x was some czech PUAE clone made with SDL Libraries but it was not optimized and work really sloooooow. So at this moment I only use UAE4Droid sometimes, but on screen joystick usage is poor. Only optimialization is good but all we know how poor solution is fu...ng with adfs instead of WHDLoad. Maybe we finally got better version with full Amiga support for some months. For better controls I contacted with author of QuickJoy IME to ask him about making new version of this util designed for tablets. And make small on screen direction control like that available for smartphones in this style which you can see for example on this YouTube movie: [ Show youtube player ] - but not dealing half screen. He promised that this is in their free time. That is all what I can write about my experience with Amiga emulation on Pentagram Tab 8.0 under Android 4. Btw, free emulator for ZX Spectrum like Marvin is good. But also on screen joystick is not perfect. DosBOX Turbo which I found on some free hosting sites also cannot emulate many games and on screen joystick is misunderstanding. In my opinion the worst solution that might have occurred. I tried GamePad util but cannot emulate fire button while testing "Raptor" game and also was problems with direction control even when there was proabable set like it should. Ok, thats all for now and sorry for my bad English.
Old 02 October 2012, 07:40   #62
VRil
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to VRil Send a message via AIM to VRil Send a message via Yahoo to VRil
olesio better joystick
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64838
Old 02 October 2012, 11:54   #63
Anemos
70X7

Can anyone upload to the zone the UAE4Droid.apk ?
thanks
Old 02 October 2012, 12:11   #64
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Works perfect here, just tried. Tried erasing app data?
Weird? I'll try it again later tonight. Do you know what version of the adf you are using? I'll try deleting the app data though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRil View Post
That look's much better then the regular onscreen joystick! ...I'd personally still rather plug in my usb sega pad though and have a decent layout and d-pad. On the 6 button pad I've configured the buttons for games like 'North & South' so they run great (one button for fire, one button for switching army, retreat etc).

This guy on youtube has the same pad running on a sega emu for android... [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Baboon; 02 October 2012 at 12:23.
Old 02 October 2012, 17:15   #65
Domah

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRil View Post
Guys, just a warning about GameKeyboard for Android. The author of GameKeyboard is the same guy who makes anuae4all and Andosbox.

There have been complaints over on DOS forums about how gamekeyboard wont work on other dos emulators except his own. Well, at first, the author tried to blame the other dos emulators for being broken, but then the author of a competing dos emulator decompiled the code for gamekeyboard, and found out that gamekeyboard itself is programmed to break down in other dos emulators. This is very very shady behavior on the part of the author of gamekeyboard, and you can bet that once another popular amiga emulator comes out that competes with his own, he'll prevent GameKeyboard from working with it as well! Buyer Beware!

For a free alternative to Gamekeyboard, have you guys checked out "GamePad"? It looks to provide most of the same functionality as gamekeyboard, but its completely FREE!!

Old 02 October 2012, 17:32   #66
olesio

@VRil: thanks, but I prefer free applications right now and waiting for QuickJoy IME update.

@Anemos: you can easy download this application for free from Google Play - for example.
Old 08 October 2012, 06:45   #67
marlo

Check this video Olesio:
[ Show youtube player ]
Its a PUAE for Android version 2.3.3.1 on Android tablet Onda vx610w 1ghz 512 ram, unfortunatelly no one can compile the last PUAE versions. I think run fast.
Old 08 October 2012, 08:28   #68
Anemos
70X7

Here is my new toy ..
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 October 2012, 08:41   #69
s2325
Zone Friend

Nice, another JXD device. Is it version with PSX emulation and Flash support?
Old 08 October 2012, 09:27   #70
Anemos
70X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Nice, another JXD device. Is it version with PSX emulation and Flash support?
yes you can do everything http://boards.dingoonity.org/android...i-playing-4gb/
Old 08 October 2012, 10:29   #71
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
If you want flash on the latest OS (Jelly Bean), simply force install Flash plugin and Firefox. Thats all I done on my Nexus 7.
ICS has full flash support via inbuilt browser.
Old 08 October 2012, 14:40   #72
pmc
gone

FOL: I did exactly that and you're right it does work but... only up to a point.

Adobe are no longer updating the Flash plugin for Android so, while the Flash plugin functions in Firefox, it still doesn't play any Flash content made with the latest versions of Flash.

See flashtro.com for what I mean - any newly converted intros won't play in the Firefox browser on Android.
Old 08 October 2012, 15:28   #73
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Check this video Olesio:
[ Show youtube player ]
Its a PUAE for Android version 2.3.3.1 on Android tablet Onda vx610w 1ghz 512 ram, unfortunatelly no one can compile the last PUAE versions. I think run fast.
That looks fantastic! I'm sure one day we'll see it in action for ourselves too.
Old 11 October 2012, 13:13   #74
Photon

What about GP2x? It was never finished. :'(
Old 14 November 2012, 14:28   #75
galu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Will you implement the core from Pandora UAE4All 2.0 eventually, galu?
From what I see, the most interesting changes in UAE4All are about chipset (graphics) emulation, not about m68k emulation, and porting all that stuff will take me some time. I'll put the emulator on Github soon, so maybe someone more comfortable with C/C++ will take a look and help me porting the "core" stuff.

My "roadmap" (2012 ;)):
- a rewrite of UAE4Droid input code (to allow fully functional keyboard)
- enhanced savestate features (in addition to quickload/quicksave), including screenshot preview
- 640x256 mode (Workbench), but atm it's slower than I expected

Edit: Ruff n Tumble now working (cr PSG, Fame/C)
Old 16 November 2012, 23:43   #76
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

My attempt to build uae4all2 pandora version for android

Features: AGA/OCS/ECS, 68020 and 68000 emulation, harddisk-support, WHDLoad-support, Chip/Slow/Fast-mem settings, savestates, vsync, most games run fullspeed

Probably not all works correct in this alpha version
- save setting - not works
- return back to menu sometimes crash

http://anddev.at.ua/load/emulators/u...ition/2-1-0-20
Old 17 November 2012, 00:44   #77
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
Great job!

Too bad it's so slow that it's unusable on my JXD S7100 (Cortex A9 @1GHz, Mali400)

At least the hardware controls work out of the box!
Old 17 November 2012, 09:13   #78
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Smile

Quote:

Features: AGA/OCS/ECS, 68020 and 68000 emulation, harddisk-support, WHDLoad-support, Chip/Slow/Fast-mem settings, savestates, vsync, most games run fullspeed

Thanks v much for this. Will try out properly later but stunt car racer was at full speed ans the controls were fine. Im hoping whdload works ok?

We are getting spoilt or choice now for android amiga emu!!
Old 17 November 2012, 11:03   #79
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Thanks v much for this. Will try out properly later but stunt car racer was at full speed ans the controls were fine. Im hoping whdload works ok?

We are getting spoilt or choice now for android amiga emu!!
Indeed we are.
Old 17 November 2012, 12:50   #80
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:

Just had a very quick test and it seems full speed on a couple aga games i tried on my galaxy s3!

Slam Tilt:

I only had my usb keyboard to try it on but it worked great and seemd to be 100% full speed.

Worms Directors cut:

I couldn't work out how to config the mouse (real or onscreen) - but it booted up fine.

Will try some more later today.