English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 February 2021, 00:57   #1
Mixel

Looking for Hypercom1 A1200 Serial drivers

I recently acquired a hypercom1 A1200 clockport serial add-on board but it didn't come with drivers.. I've messaged a couple of people who definitely have the same hardware and not received a reply..

Does anyone have the driver disk they could link/attach..? I'd think they were a relatively common upgrade but i can't find the drivers anywhere online.

I tried a beta driver for a slightly different hypercom serial thing and that didn't work, though at first i thought it was, I was just being dumb.

Thanks!
Old 05 February 2021, 13:35   #2
Daedalus

Hmmm, I have one of these, and I'm sure the driver is still installed on my A1200 hard drive. I'll check it out later today.
Old 05 February 2021, 14:30   #3
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

I have the disk, created an ADF and uploaded it to my Google drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/144h...ew?usp=sharing
Old 05 February 2021, 14:38   #4
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Hmmm, I have one of these, and I'm sure the driver is still installed on my A1200 hard drive. I'll check it out later today.
TY so much, Indigolemon got in first, but greatly appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
I have the disk, created an ADF and uploaded it to my Google drive here:
Thankyou so, so much.. Hopefully it works, haha! I'll reply if I have any dumb questions (quite likely, but who knows!) It's definitely plugged in right and showed some signs of doing *something* when I used completely the wrong driver.. Fingers crossed!

NB: just checking this is the tiny little singe port board, not one of the bigger ones:

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/phot...res=hi&lang=en

Last edited by Mixel; 05 February 2021 at 14:45.
Old 05 February 2021, 14:46   #5
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
NB: just checking this is the tiny little singe port board, not one of the bigger ones:

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/phot...res=hi&lang=en
Yup, that's the one. Don't know how much help I'll be as it's BNIB (I never got round to using it!)
Old 05 February 2021, 15:19   #6
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Yup, that's the one. Don't know how much help I'll be as it's BNIB (I never got round to using it!)
Understood, haha! The installer thinks I have an 060 and an FPU.. I wish. XD I have an 030 and no FPU... Lets see if I can get Midi to run over it..

On one hand I like how hacky everything is in retro-land but I can totally see why plug & play is good too.

OMG It's working with the WACOM so that's perfect, TY! No more constantly swapping serial cables!
Old 05 February 2021, 21:03   #7
Daedalus

Glad you're sorted

If you've got more than one serial peripheral, make sure you use the HyperCOM board for the one that makes the most use of the speed. The HyperCOM is many times more efficient than the standard serial port in terms of CPU speed, and more reliable too at high speeds.
Old 05 February 2021, 22:54   #8
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Glad you're sorted

If you've got more than one serial peripheral, make sure you use the HyperCOM board for the one that makes the most use of the speed. The HyperCOM is many times more efficient than the standard serial port in terms of CPU speed, and more reliable too at high speeds.
Thanks That's good to know! I'm pretty sure that'd be the Wacom in my case.. I have a MIDI controller (plugged into a Rockband 4 Keytar of all things, haha!) and a Wacom Ultrapad.. I'd just been swapping them so often i didnt want to bother the port so much. Freeing up some cpu cycles when using art packages like ArtEffect is going to be really handy too then.