English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 14 December 2008, 02:28   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Deleauvive musical Christmas present to EAB members

Within a few days, I will be offering you to download the music (in-game, title screen..) from around 450 Amiga games, in 128k mp3 (sorry for those who cannot read mp3s with their computers).

Titan ripped the music from these games with the help of a friend of his via WinFellow (sorry, Tony ). The whole thing weights 2+ GB, which I will be uploading to netcomet.usuk.free.fr into chunks of 80 MB.

Meanwhile, you can download his mega repack of all the soundtracks from the Tomb Raider series here (192k mp3s).
All legal by the way, the mp3s were first distributed on TR official web site planetlara.com

To make a long story short, Titan contributed a lot to the French Amiga emulation scene by providing a preconfigured pack for WinUAE, a bit like AIAB (well, bearing a rawer presentation). He also made a few DVDs with demos captures and such, and he's the biggest fan of the Shadow of the Beast series out there !

Stay tuned.

Last edited by NewDeli; 14 December 2008 at 18:27.
Old 14 December 2008, 14:19   #2
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
Within a few days, I will be offering you to download the music (in-game, title screen..) from around 450 Amiga games, in 128k mp3 (sorry for those who cannot read mp3s with their computers).

Titan ripped the music from these games with the help of a friend of his via WinFellow (sorry, Tony ). The whole thing weights 2+ GB, which I will be uploading to netcomet.usuk.free.fr into chunks of 80 MB.
Sweeeeeeet!!!!!
Old 16 December 2008, 04:14   #3
NewDeli
Banned

The way the mp3s are dispatched is a bit strange : Games with names starting with A, B, C and D get about 50% of the lot. Is it because game developers thought it would be better to name their games with the first letter of the alphabet ? Well, that would be a funny hypothesis, but I'd rather believe Titan's friend got tired after a while . Updates are uncommon on Titan's web site, but if I notice any more game soundtracks rips, I'll make an extra package...
Old 17 December 2008, 14:28   #4
NewDeli
Banned

May be someone could tell me if some of the games soundtracks here are not worth packing, or help me establishing a shorter list.
It would save bandwidth and reduce download time .

Cheers,
Attached Files
File Type: txt Complete.list.txt (6.1 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by NewDeli; 17 December 2008 at 14:53.
Old 21 December 2008, 19:06   #5
nathey

Im looking forward to this alot! I think 80 meg chunks is cool also, as i wont get nagged at for raping the bandwith
Old 25 December 2008, 06:33   #6
NewDeli
Banned

Ok this time I shall be slightly late on Xmas... but I don't feel the need to apologize .
My main computer rebuilding (I know that sounds slightly emphatic) is at stake. I won't go into details with this new (renewed) rig, I promise (all there is to know is that it's fast anyway).

This time being guys & gals, I can only gratify you with the warm feeling that the whole bang-for-your buck package has been uploaded.
Old 25 December 2008, 08:20   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
Meanwhile, you can download his mega repack of all the soundtracks from the Tomb Raider series here (192k mp3s).
All legal by the way, the mp3s were first distributed on TR official web site planetlara.com
Tomb Raider! I love that music!

Thanks for the link, Deleauvive.

I tried downloading this a few days ago, but it crashed out one-third of the way through. But today I got it!

All-in-one archive too! *Bliss!*

What a great Christmas present!

Thanks a lot!

Merry Christmas!

prowler
Old 25 December 2008, 23:46   #8
NewDeli
Banned

Floppy disk All done !

OK all done, get'em here : A bit tedious but hey WHDload Santas got more work load than me !

Enjoy those Amiga tunes. Only a few on them are tagged, it would be nice although not necessary if someone took the initiative of tagging those of which were made by a very famous composer (like Joachen Hippel for his awesome Wings of Death OST ).

Almost forgot, it would be nice also to know about your playlists, if you listen to the mp3s in any specific order.

Feel free to PM me if something is not consistent within the alphabetical packages.

Last edited by NewDeli; 26 December 2008 at 00:55.
Old 25 December 2008, 23:51   #9
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Cool stuff Deleauvive, thanks!

... and Stumbled