English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 August 2003, 19:17   #1
turk182

Jay Miner interview old? "computers are not necessary" discuss..

I just found and listened to an old Jay Miner interview and this his a direct quote from this audio interview ,I see what hes saying but its sounds like crap to me.It also has a big how the amiga was born chat with him as well at the start of it. It sounds like hes in a restaurant.

Well I thought it was interesting although I know about the history of the Amiga..

If anyone is interested I can upload it to the zone (nearly 2 meg mp3)
Old 04 August 2003, 23:29   #2
Djay
95th User

owning a computer is dependant on the situation, sadly alot of people buy one to keep up with Jones's

i have to deal with a lot of end-users that, don't need a computer...

haven't the interview... can u up to the zone!!!
Old 05 August 2003, 01:49   #3
turk182

Well he does explain it in the sense that they dont need a computer but I think people are lazy and more and more people are dumbed down to the situation of machines as they ask why dont it work ,instead of why dont you do it yourself instead of removing the paper while printing is in progess 1.
anyway the interview is in the zone...
Old 05 August 2003, 01:57   #4
woody57

Good Question ...

...there is a massive difference between owning a machine and using it to its full potensial ......I think most purchasers by now have been forced within the work / study enviroment,s of today ,been educated into at least its basic wordprocessing and cataloging abilities , media use as with internet e-mail etc is on the rise , ten years ago most essays were likley to be typed on a stand alone machine that may or may not have had a comprehensive spell checker , a thing that is now taken for granted . ... I dare say that unless board becomes transmogrified that IF in a further ten years this question were to be asked there would be few under the age of 40yrs of age who were not computer literate.........It is however a worthwhile question to ask how many use a machine beyond those basic things ?
Old 05 August 2003, 10:58   #5
Marcuz

people DO NOT need computer!
For the past 5 years i've used it for game/internet, and i don't think that if i ever chosed to play or get info some other way i would be a sadder person, now that i use it for work, well i would like to be 20 years ago when graphic was a thing mainly done by hands, from the drawing to the printing, so i would have many proficiency more than i have!
it's just a choice anyway of an instrument in the matter of another, where the instrument is not important at all, but has become a choice so reiterated that it's mistaken for the standard.
the goal instead is important: info? fun? contact with other people?