English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 13 May 2003, 20:13   #1
haribootje

Browse by letter

I would love an option where you could browse all the games by letter. And for instance a back and forward bottom where you can go to the next game without go back first. On the top you'll have all the letters and numbers from 0 to Z in a row to change letter.

So for instance you look at the details of game 1 click on the forward button and you're looking at the details of the next game.

Sure it will take some days to browse them all, but I like to look at game details without searching something specific. Just like a tourist !!

How about it ??!!
Old 16 May 2003, 19:24   #2
Marcuz

yeah, but if you put the letters on, say, the bottom of the screen and you are in a game page that you have accessed by some particular list, the action games for instance, the letters would just point you to the list of the all the games, so maybe it would be just detouring, as you cannot put in every page the links to every category.
the same would be for the prev/next buttons: prev and next of wich category?
nevertheless, me too i feel that a feature that would ease the browse of the page would be fine, but as for me would be better a "link to similar stuff" as in the abandonware underdogs pages...
Old 02 June 2004, 08:59   #3
Galaxy

Suggestion: It might be useful to add a link to the numerical page when browsing (to the horizontal menu above and below the game listings) - all the letters are represented, but there does not seem to be any way to get a listing of the games starting with 1-9 without going back to the main browse screen.
Old 02 June 2004, 12:25   #4
RCK
Administrator

Why aren't you using this: http://hol.abime.net/get.list
with SHIFT+LEFT_CLICK to open each gamedef in new windows ?
Old 02 June 2004, 12:47   #5
Galaxy

The page that you have suggested above is what I refered to as the main browse screen. When browsing particularly if you are only looking at a single letter, getting to the page that has the titles beginning with a number can be several clicks - certainly not a major gripe. The average web user probably does not know about the shift+L Click you mention above (and this behaviour is certainly browser dependent).

It just seemed to me that a filter for the titles beginning with a no. was a minor omission.