English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 07 July 2006, 13:32   #1
Marcuz

Beholders TC

as you have seen in these days, the great work of CFOU! and Dfsilver on the translation and AGA conversion of the Eye of the Beholder is starting to bear fruit, with also the future release of the instruments to manage cps files.
so i think it is a good time to really plan a total conversion of the Eye of Beholder games, using the engine of EoB 2 to do the work. what i think it is needed is a coder to assemble things and manage the structure, a graphician or more to help me out and a writer!
i would like to plan in advance the work even if the coder jumps in later, but for the start, any applicant to the jobs?
Old 07 July 2006, 14:10   #2
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

I really like this project and thought i could propose a bit of my time helping with the french translation and some GFX work if needed.
Old 07 July 2006, 16:03   #3
wlcina

It would be nice to create TC like the ragingmole did for Dungeon master -

http://ragingmole.com/RTC/

the fully editable EOB TC (map monsters sounds etc) maybe ragingmole will be interested in too.
Old 07 July 2006, 16:28   #4
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
as you have seen in these days, the great work of CFOU! and Dfsilver on the translation and AGA conversion of the Eye of the Beholder is starting to bear fruit, with also the future release of the instruments to manage cps files.
so i think it is a good time to really plan a total conversion of the Eye of Beholder games, using the engine of EoB 2 to do the work. what i think it is needed is a coder to assemble things and manage the structure, a graphician or more to help me out and a writer!
i would like to plan in advance the work even if the coder jumps in later, but for the start, any applicant to the jobs?
for AGA conversion, i have already ressourced 2 of 3 main EOB1 files

And "EOB" & "EOB1" files are recompiled without problem(not EOB2 for the moment)

more difficult is understand all structures of files used for datas in game
mainly

by example:
.MAZ file (an maz editor is needed)
.INF (level text and other info) , i have not again understand this structure
Old 07 July 2006, 19:00   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

any one got these files so i can hack at it, see what i come up with?

PM me or email me
Old 07 July 2006, 20:46   #6
Marcuz

zetr0, pm sent.
Tony: thanks!
Wlcina: the site is interesting; there is also the project of the EoB remake pointed in the thread about the translation some day ago:
http://www.eob2remake.com/forum/index.php
and it would be nice to talk with the programmer about a collaboration, later.
CFOU!: would it be possible to have the graphic cruncher tool work on windows too, so to make simplier the work of graphics?
Old 28 July 2006, 11:46   #7
wlcina

So im writing message here again, I just downloaded the latest RTC - a total PC conversion of Dungeon Master 1, Return to chaos, and NOW!!!! the new - it includes fully working Dungeon Master 2 conversion. The RTC contains also the editor and RTC is also very easy to edit. It could be great to see the same work for Eye of the Beholder 1 2 and 3;-), if some1 know the principes of AI / magic and how stuffs in EOB are computed, the RTC maybe can be upgradable also for EOB, who knows :-)

the RTC page is here: http://ragingmole.com/RTC/
the RTC download is 12mb, and is free :-) the ragingmole is kinda great man!
Old 28 July 2006, 12:46   #8
Marcuz

i think it would be easier to start an egine from scratch than to reverse engineer that. however, is it also important for the community here to eviscerate the code of EoB (check the wiki linked in the other thread) as it is a fun for them coders per se and most of all a base for to port what they like to other systems. their goal is not only to do a TC of EoB.
while my goal, aside from EoB is to produce a good rpg, when we are ready and ragingmole system would be too strict for that. starting from the interface but who knows? maybe a simple EoB clone would work with that but there would be no heat, it would be too easy, not smart. just my 2cents. what people thinks about it all?
Old 28 July 2006, 13:03   #9
wlcina

marco, you should try the RTC and have look at the editable features here, I think it can be easily modified to another RPG system, eg Lands of Lore or the Eye of Beholder, I canNot fully confirm that, but I think all the things in RTC are fully editable graphics, physics, light, sounds, ai etc.

Last edited by wlcina; 28 July 2006 at 13:16.
Old 12 September 2006, 17:20   #10
Marcuz

ok, i want to make this thing progress. it is early as the works on code on the various eob projects running are still going on, but the graphic part in any TC would be no short work nonetheless.
so i would like to start my part, it's not really hard once i have set a plan for the job.
so the engine will be the one that the eobwiki guys + CFOU are setting up, that will involve a mix of Westwood nice things.
but the whole graphic, sound and obviously story are to be completely new!
would like to ask if there's someone of you guys who's up to these things:

1) major design:what's to be the setting and the feeling of this Total Conversion? i would prefer to let you guys cook something up, i have ideas, but for this cute little project i would like to dialogue with you and stay in a worker place only. prolly the game mechanics are to stay as they are alas, but that's not to restricting i hope.
2) story, dialogue, maps and event planning.
3) audio! this would involve the ingame audio and the 3 tunes: intro, character generation and outro.

what do you think? do you want to get this started?
Old 13 September 2006, 20:39   #11
Marcuz

i'm on IRC now for everyone interested in this project!
Old 14 June 2011, 02:37   #12
takis76

Smile My game will be for free...

My engine , I created from scratch and I will include and level editor.
I will make the same as ragingmole website did but in Eye of the Beholder 4 and the best is it will be free