English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 04 March 2005, 19:58   #1
wild44

setting up for real miggy

Hi I've setup my amiga hd in winuae with classicWB and it boots ok in winuae but when I put it in my miggy I just get the insert disk screen can anyone please help I like the original look of classicWB.

thanks

wild44

Old 09 March 2005, 23:48   #2
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

okays, I'll try and have a go at it and produce a "sandwichlist" of things todo for you

First, you NEED an original copy of Workbench, preferably with the Install disk. then, use the install disk, open the "hdtools"(hdsetup?) drawer, and open HDsetup (which will take you to the famouse HDToolbox program. "install" the HD, and partition it from there, MAKE SURE to set the partition for the ClassicWB active (!)

Now, unless you've already done so, use WinUAE to boot the ClassicWB on the PC, and repack THE WHOLE PARTITION using LHA or some other tool (this to make it installable on the Amiga) Use your fave transfer tools to transfer the lha (or zip, or whatevvah) file to the Amiga, and unpack the file.

Now you reboot the Amiga, it should boot the ClassicWB and prompt you to insert the original Workbench 3.0 or 3.1 disk.

That should be all.

EDIT:

I was looking for this link before I posted the first time, and of course I only found it afterwards *sigh*

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 09 March 2005 at 23:52. Reason: Found the link I was looking for