English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 June 2013, 16:51   #1
Steve T

Posting here with a real Amiga

Works great! got my old 1200 online for the first time ever - owned the machine since 1993. Surprised how capable it is, considering.

Its quite stable too, apart from the odd recoverable alert in ibrowse, I wonder if thats anything to do with my ACA1232 / timing fixes?

*edit* oops, think i meant to post this in the scene forum, maybe i should start using it on a proper monitor instead of old CRT

Last edited by Steve T; 08 June 2013 at 17:09.
Old 08 June 2013, 21:46   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
*edit* oops, think i meant to post this in the scene forum, maybe i should start using it on a proper monitor instead of old CRT
Thread moved for you.
Old 08 June 2013, 23:17   #3
roy bates

i still use my amiga alot,and i have posted in forums with it.
it still has alot of uses even today.
Old 08 June 2013, 23:40   #4
lukassid

Can you select EAB mobile skin when you enter it from Amiga? It should be an option as it would much faster on my a600.
Old 09 June 2013, 00:55   #5
Steve T

thanks prowler!

Yes I found switching off javascript (I'm using Ibrowse) and using mobile versions of sites seem to make it a far more usable experience. great that i can use SSL and log onto my email etc, if I actually want to do some work or something boring like that.

Its great to be able to take Amigas onto Aminet and grab all the files directly, rather than go through a pc and the hassle of swapping cards etc (my spare CF and PCMCIA adapter that I only got working a couple of weeks ago are now redundant) haven't yet worked out how to make the amiga show up on the home network using Miami, though.
Old 09 June 2013, 01:31   #6
rockersuke

Hi¡ Posting from my 1200 miggy too¡ I've been using the Amiga to download directly from aminet and the whdownload site for a couple of years now, but I've hardly used it for forum stuff, as it was a real pain with Aweb. This mobile skin thing seems to work quite nicely, though! I think I might get used to it! :-)

--
Old 12 June 2013, 23:40   #7
lukassid

Today I downloaded WHDLoad game directly on my A600 with Aweb then unzipped and played. All very quick! No more transferring from a PC for me. Fantastic!
Old 15 June 2013, 21:03   #8
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
Works great! got my old 1200 online for the first time ever - owned the machine since 1993. Surprised how capable it is, considering.

Its quite stable too, apart from the odd recoverable alert in ibrowse, I wonder if thats anything to do with my ACA1232 / timing fixes?

I sent my A1200 to amigakit for timing fixes, works rock solid with my aca1230 now.

Oh, and stick with the CRT, Amigas look like arse on LCDs.
Old 17 June 2013, 04:42   #9
Steve T

Its definately not 100% I have pulled a couple of caps off the board, which helped a lot but maybe the alerts in ibrowse, along with problems with a couple of games that work without the card installed point to some further issues. I'm using it right now to post this and had a bunch of recoverable alerts when opening EAB.

I'm not keen on sending my board off around the country and could do the work myself. I've been intending to get a couple of capacitor packs from them for my machines and though they don't seem to sell them separately i'm thinking of contacting them to send the parts that i need for the full fix.