English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 19 June 2015, 04:42   #1
tygre
Returning fan!

Weid colours for some icons or when holding an icon selected

Hi all!

I am puzzled I am using MWB, NewIcons, the new icon.library, FPPrefs and everything looks well except for some icons and when holding an icon... What did I configure wrongly?

Please see the attached grab of my Workbench... The two weird icons on the top are "as is", the AppIcon of MUIBuilder in the middle is selected... weird colours would also appear if I select one of the disk icons like "Jeux".

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange Colours.png
Views:	212
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	44495  

Last edited by tygre; 19 June 2015 at 04:48. Reason: More details
Old 19 June 2015, 11:50   #2
PeterK

I've just tried that with my IconDemoADF configuration and everything looks fine. The MUI Builder icon and also its appicon are both displayed correctly.

Make sure that your fblit.cfg is for WB 3.1 (like in my Aminet archive) and that FBlit version is 3.79+. Don't use an MWB daemon. Check the newicon.library version.
Old 20 June 2015, 02:06   #3
tygre
Returning fan!

Thanks PeterK!

Now that I use your config file for FBlit from your archive on Aminet, everything looks better No more weird colours when selecting some icons...

But, there is some kind of "trashing" effect when selecting while the icon is being redrawn maybe?

Also, the MUIBuilder icon still looks strange. I check FullPalette and realised that the pens 4-7 are the reasons why it looks weird... if I change them, I can make the icon of MUIBuilder look nice but, of course, the rest looks ugly... Maybe I should just change this icon?

Cheers!

PS. I am using FBlit 3.79 and newicon.library 40.1 and icon.library 46.4.

Last edited by tygre; 20 June 2015 at 02:54. Reason: Digging into the problem more...
Old 22 June 2015, 00:33   #4
PeterK

It seems that you are still usung a different setup / configuration than that on my IconDemoADF image. Please compare the startup-sequence with yours and try my FullPalette.prefs.

Code:
FBlit      ; must be FBlit 3.79+ to work correctly
           ; this needs a correct ENVARC:FBlit.cfg

NiRTGset ENV:NewIcons.prefs   ; RTG mode for FBlit

FPPrefs
; PlanarFrames2          

IPrefs     ; v39 or v40

Run    >NIL: NewIcons         ; or in User-Startup

FastColors ; use the faster colormapping mode
           ; comment it out for better quality

LoadWB

EndCLI >NIL:
Old 27 June 2015, 01:40   #5
tygre
Returning fan!

@PeterK

Thanks! I'll checkout my config later... I'm far away from my Amiga right now...
Old 27 June 2015, 12:06   #6
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Thanks PeterK!

Also, the MUIBuilder icon still looks strange. I check FullPalette and realised that the pens 4-7 are the reasons why it looks weird... if I change them, I can make the icon of MUIBuilder look nice but, of course, the rest looks ugly... Maybe I should just change this icon?
First you have to have MWB colours locked (FullPallett), then other icons will be ok and will not use this pens. Requires a reboot.

The second problem might be the way the icon is designed.
1. it requires a boder to work ok, or it is save as single image backfill (inversion mode type icon)

Proper MWB icons have borders, have 2 images and are 8c (3bits), not 8bit (some original old v1 MWB that worked ok on 8c screens only).
Old 05 September 2015, 15:30   #7
tygre
Returning fan!

@PeterK and @Michael

Thank you so much for your suggestions, you both solved my problems: I had somehow used a "wrong" FullPalette preferences and some other, older icons need a border to work well

So, my problem was really my problem
Thanks!

PS. Could a kind moderator marked the title as "[Solved]", please?

Last edited by tygre; 05 September 2015 at 15:31. Reason: Typos
Old 05 September 2015, 20:39   #8
tygre
Returning fan!

PPS. Actually, after some more research, combining the new IconLibrary, MagicWB, MCP, and NewIcons can be tricky to configure and to remove the border and prevent "trashing", MCP is key!