English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 02 June 2012, 12:22   #21
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by galu View Post
What is your hardware?
JXD S7100B, AM-Logic 8726-M3 clocked at 1,2GHz (originally runs at 800MHz, so I guess you can classify as an 800MHz device) with a single core Mali400 as a GPU.

Runs everything flawlessly (you just have to mess with the config) and at frameskip 0, even if sometimes the video stutters a bit, but I can't complain!
Old 02 June 2012, 14:57   #22
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

there is aros for android now
Old 02 June 2012, 15:04   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Like almost every game with a cracktro on UAE4Droid...

If only the Google Play marketplace would let me buy AnUAE4all

EDIT: Finally bought it, it's AWESOME! Fast, and compatible! A lot better than UAE4Droid Now I can finally play ICFTD!
Odd, I have UAE4Droid running perfect. Controls (i.e. mouse) does need work, but Everything has run fine on it for me. I did have to use the A1200 fixed versions of some games.

I also noticed that there is only one "enter" key, some require the other key "return".

Been trying to compile UAE4Droid, as I want to play around with it.
While looking at the source it appears it uses a very update FAME/C core as standard (which is why it may have some issues) and Cyclone core for faster but less compatible emulation.

Is AnUAE4all using the UAE cores?
Old 04 June 2012, 23:19   #24
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Odd, I have UAE4Droid running perfect. Controls (i.e. mouse) does need work, but Everything has run fine on it for me. I did have to use the A1200 fixed versions of some games.

I also noticed that there is only one "enter" key, some require the other key "return".

Been trying to compile UAE4Droid, as I want to play around with it.
While looking at the source it appears it uses a very update FAME/C core as standard (which is why it may have some issues) and Cyclone core for faster but less compatible emulation.

Is AnUAE4all using the UAE cores?
I tried games like Kikstart II, and it didn't even reach in-game. This happened for a lot of other games...

Add to that the fact that I couldn't press FIRE without the mouse buttons being pressed... I couldn't stand it. This made a lot of games unplayable (ICFTD for example).

AnUAE4All has three cores: "normal" (which looks to be identical to FAME/C in comaptibility), Cyclone and FAME/C. They both run okay and they're kinda similiar in compatibility (equal, even?).

I can also use the option "slow down video" to play games like Terry's BIG Adventure which are unplayable because of fast emulation cores, at least on UAE4Droid and PSPUAE FAME/C (timing issues?).
Old 11 June 2012, 16:46   #25
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
After buying an app, you have 15 minutes to return it and get your money back. I bought AnUAE4All and found that it's too slow to use (on a 1GHz Hummingbird CPU) - actually all the emus from this developer are unoptimized and slow, e.g. AnDOSBox.

Edit: I managed to set up Wii remote (bluetooth controller) with UAE4Droid using these instructions: http://www.monroeworld.com/forums/sh...025#post273025
Hi

Sorry to bump an old thread but any chance you could post on here how you got your wiimote/bluetooth working for uae4droid? That link seems dead so I can't see how you got it to work?

I've been playing about with mame4droid, snes, nes, megardrive etc and they all run great on the wiimote... but I'd love to also get an amiga emu on my old sony xperia x8 working with the contoller.
Old 12 June 2012, 00:00   #26
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I tried games like Kikstart II, and it didn't even reach in-game. This happened for a lot of other games...

Add to that the fact that I couldn't press FIRE without the mouse buttons being pressed... I couldn't stand it. This made a lot of games unplayable (ICFTD for example).

AnUAE4All has three cores: "normal" (which looks to be identical to FAME/C in comaptibility), Cyclone and FAME/C. They both run okay and they're kinda similiar in compatibility (equal, even?).

I can also use the option "slow down video" to play games like Terry's BIG Adventure which are unplayable because of fast emulation cores, at least on UAE4Droid and PSPUAE FAME/C (timing issues?).
Very odd, I have'nt seen any "speed to fast" on anything I try.
I do however see the glitches due to the FAME/C core.

I would guess, AnUAE4all uses the standard 68k core, aswell as the updated FAME/C and Cyclone Cores.
The updated FAME/C runs much better than the early one I had in PSPUAE.
Games dont crash that would with older core.

I tend to set FS to 1 (render every frame) and Auto FS to OFF.
Have'nt come across any speed problems as yet. Mouse and Joy at same time is a pain, I agree, but apart from that its great.

Im currently trying to get it to compile, still having problems though.
I would love to start playing around with the code. Would like to start playing with PUAE to, but want to get this compiling first.

I might check out AnUAE4all at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Hi

Sorry to bump an old thread but any chance you could post on here how you got your wiimote/bluetooth working for uae4droid? That link seems dead so I can't see how you got it to work?

I've been playing about with mame4droid, snes, nes, megardrive etc and they all run great on the wiimote... but I'd love to also get an amiga emu on my old sony xperia x8 working with the contoller.
Might sound stupid, but I have never needed the need for using manager, but how do you setup the games for mame4all.
Most of the games I know work on a different version dont work on this, I read you had to do somethign to them to get them to work.
Old 12 June 2012, 08:55   #27
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Forget my last request regarding getting the wiimote working as I have this working now (the site link did work but my work's pc blocked access to it).

Quote:
Might sound stupid, but I have never needed the need for using manager, but how do you setup the games for mame4all.
Most of the games I know work on a different version dont work on this, I read you had to do somethign to them to get them to work.
I used the the romset I already had for my pc that I use with hyperspin mame so I didn't need to convert anything with rom managers to get them workingng for mame4droid.

I've just pm'd ya mate.

Last edited by Baboon; 12 June 2012 at 10:21.
Old 12 June 2012, 09:15   #28
galu

Quote:
JXD S7100B, AM-Logic 8726-M3 clocked at 1,2GHz (originally runs at 800MHz, so I guess you can classify as an 800MHz device) with a single core Mali400 as a GPU.

Runs everything flawlessly (you just have to mess with the config) and at frameskip 0, even if sometimes the video stutters a bit, but I can't complain!
Can you post your Linpack score ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...puting.linpack ) or any other benchmark results?

By the way, I see that the hardware mouse support has been added to AnUAE4All (probably bluetooth mice, Transformer trackpads).

@Wiimote - all the following apply to the WiiMote Controller app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....WiiUseAndroid ), not the emu itself:

"To map WiiMote Controller with UAE4DROID, do the following.

1. Run WiiRemote Controller.
2. Sync your WiiMote.
3. Hit MENU=>PREFERENCES.
4. Select Mapping Options.
5. Choose 1st Controller Mappings
6. Map UP = R
7. Map DOWN = C
8. Map LEFT = D
9. Map RIGHT = F
10. Map 2 = D-Pad Center
11. Map 1 = Space
11. Map B = Number 1"

So basically you do all the remapping in the Wiimote Controller app (Preferences menu is hidden under the menu softkey) as remapping in UAE4DROID doesn't work (it does not detect any keypresses).

@MAME - I recommend MAME4Droid (free) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...leuco.mame4all
And, by the way, there are decent NES/SNES/SMD/GB/GBC/GBA emus available for free: https://slideme.org/user/yongzh (not available from Google Play).
Old 12 June 2012, 10:36   #29
Baboon
Moon Monkey

So would you guys really recommend purchasing AnUAE4All? For free uae4droid so far seems pretty good to me on my phone (stunt car racer, rodland and even the budbrain megademo demo all worked very well) - but you can never have too much amiga love!

Quote:

@MAME - I recommend MAME4Droid (free) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...leuco.mame4all
And, by the way, there are decent NES/SNES/SMD/GB/GBC/GBA emus available for free: https://slideme.org/user/yongzh (not available from Google Play).

Regarding gensoid (the sega mega drive emulator).. I read this was pulled last year (at the request of sega) from the android app store?

Sorry to sound dumb but how can i download and install this app if it's not on the market place? ..would I need to unlock my phone or is there a way I can still download and install it via my phone? ...I'm a noob to all this smartphone apps and emulator malarkey. lol
Old 12 June 2012, 11:00   #30
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Sorry to sound dumb but how can i download and install this app if it's not on the market place?
Get the APK file and install it with "app installer", its on the market.
Old 12 June 2012, 11:08   #31
galu

Quote:
Regarding gensoid (the sega mega drive emulator).. I read this was pulled last year (at the request of sega) from the android app store?

Sorry to sound dumb but how can i download and install this app if it's not on the market place? ..would I need to unlock my phone or is there a way I can still download and install it via my phone? ...I'm a noob to all this smartphone apps and emulator malarkey. lol
To allow app installs from outside the market (Google Play):
Android 4.0: Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
Android 2.2, 2.3: Settings > Security > Unknown sources
Old 12 June 2012, 11:52   #32
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
To allow app installs from outside the market (Google Play):
Android 4.0: Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
Android 2.2, 2.3: Settings > Security > Unknown sources
I always use app installer, never messed with uknown sources.
Old 12 June 2012, 12:07   #33
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
I always use app installer, never messed with uknown sources.

Ideal I'll give that a whirl later. thanks
Old 13 June 2012, 09:19   #34
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
So how about Atari ST emulator for Android? Anyone tried?
I bought it () and tried a "menu compilation". Works fine. Havent had time for a good play but seems fine... Only £1.38
Old 13 June 2012, 09:20   #35
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
there is aros for android now
Steve Jones - ClusterUK - has a nice YouTube video showing that and also ones for AROS on Rasp Pi

Quote:
Bumpity, as I've recently got an Android tablet exactly for this purpose (this little jewel here... the JXD S7100) just to find out that UAE4DROID has the worst compatibility of all times
I bought the Yinlips YDPG18A for this purpose... and changed my phone to the quad core monster HTC One X
Old 13 June 2012, 12:07   #36
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
@Wiimote - all the following apply to the WiiMote Controller app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....WiiUseAndroid ), not the emu itself:

"To map WiiMote Controller with UAE4DROID, do the following.

1. Run WiiRemote Controller.
2. Sync your WiiMote.
3. Hit MENU=>PREFERENCES.
4. Select Mapping Options.
5. Choose 1st Controller Mappings
6. Map UP = R
7. Map DOWN = C
8. Map LEFT = D
9. Map RIGHT = F
10. Map 2 = D-Pad Center
11. Map 1 = Space
11. Map B = Number 1"
Thanks for the info. I tried this last night and was loving playing Stuntcar racer, Turrican and James Pond via the controller.

The only issue I've found is that using this emulator and the wiimote my screen saver on my phone keeps coming on seeing I don't need to press any phone buttons? ..although this doesn't happen on any other emualtors??

Quote:
Get the APK file and install it with "app installer", its on the market.
This worked perfect thanks Fol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
I bought it () and tried a "menu compilation". Works fine. Havent had time for a good play but seems fine... Only £1.38
Do you know if the atari st emulator supports bluetooth (wii) remotes?

So far so good with emulation on my andorid phone! Amiga, Mame (includuing cps2, neo geo etc), Nes, Snes, megadrive, gba, gbc, game gear, zx specky, PCE, Scummv etc.

I was thinking about trying psx and n64 emu's but I'm not sure my Sony Xperia X8 could handle those?

Are there any other emulators you guys would recommend?
Old 13 June 2012, 13:09   #37
galu

Quote:
Are there any other emulators you guys would recommend?
http://androidforums.com/android-gam...tor-guide.html
Old 14 June 2012, 23:34   #38
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Can you post your Linpack score ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...puting.linpack ) or any other benchmark results?

By the way, I see that the hardware mouse support has been added to AnUAE4All (probably bluetooth mice, Transformer trackpads).
29-30 MFLOPs in Linpack, at 1,2GHz. 28-29 when at 1GHz.

2677 in AnTuTu (CPU 968, GPU 964, RAM 343, I/O 402).

Quote:
So would you guys really recommend purchasing AnUAE4All? For free uae4droid so far seems pretty good to me on my phone (stunt car racer, rodland and even the budbrain megademo demo all worked very well) - but you can never have too much amiga love!
There's a UAE4ALL PND 2.0 (AGA and HD!) update for it coming soon - as soon as the engine gets more stable, the author should implement it.

I can't wait for it

Last edited by jbenam; 14 June 2012 at 23:39. Reason: Added AnTuTu benchmarking
Old 15 June 2012, 00:12   #39
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

multi threaded on gs2 Linpack 1.2ghz

mflops 54.62
time 3.09 seconds
normres 3.24

single thread

mflops 36.705
time 2.28 seconds
norm res 5.68
Old 15 June 2012, 11:01   #40
VRil
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to VRil Send a message via AIM to VRil Send a message via Yahoo to VRil
Quote:

There's a UAE4ALL PND 2.0 (AGA and HD!) update for it coming soon - as soon as the engine gets more stable, the author should implement it.

I can't wait for it

AnUAE4all new version?

or a new different emulator for Android?

Last edited by VRil; 15 June 2012 at 11:22.