English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 20 December 2004, 21:29   #1
Galaxy

HOL quick / basic search

It might make more sense to make the basic / quick search box a 'search all fields' search rather than just searching the game title field, or even a field where you can search over artist, developer and publisher (which often get confused). I think this would certainly be useful from the advanced search screen. What do other people think?
Old 21 December 2004, 12:03   #2
derSammler

It already does search for game title, artist, developer and publisher. Directly above "Game's name is like:" you can access the other results. I missed it the first time as well...
Old 21 December 2004, 12:20   #3
Galaxy

After much head scratching I have found what you meant. This is quite useful, but is there any way to do a search so that all four sets of search results are combined into a singular sorted display?

One other minor comment is about the separation of the normal search box from the advanced search options. It took a little time to realise that the search box and button at the top of the screen were part of the advanced search - at first I was scratching my head thinking how do I search for a game name='x' and one of the other fields='y' and also wondering where the search button was (if there was one). Also the fact that there are further search options accessed by clicking on the small [+]. This is also a bit unintuituve given that it already looks like you are viewing the advanced search options.

These are certainly minor points but it is a little unusual and could be confusing for those not familiar with HOL.