English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 March 2002, 19:52   #1
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

DiskImage

Just found a new app on Aminet that may prove very useful to anyone with a real Amiga. It's called DiskImage and fancies itself a replacement for FMS. At present I am unable to test this on my real Amiga, but if the readme lives up to its promise, this could be a revolutionary new must-have tool for your system. Check it out: diskimage.lha
Old 20 March 2002, 20:01   #2
Drake1009

Neat. That would come in handy if you have an Amigados program on a disk you need to run. Too bad it doesn't mention the amount of memory taken to do this Seeing as how it claims it might even mount a CD iso file it must not buffer the file (very much) since noone would have the RAM to buffer an entire CD. Well maybe now on PCs but I doubt there are that many Amiga owners with that much ram.
Old 20 March 2002, 20:32   #3
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake1009
Neat. That would come in handy if you have an Amigados program on a disk you need to run. Too bad it doesn't mention the amount of memory taken to do this Seeing as how it claims it might even mount a CD iso file it must not buffer the file (very much) since noone would have the RAM to buffer an entire CD. Well maybe now on PCs but I doubt there are that many Amiga owners with that much ram.
Nope, hold it right here This thingy just works like for example Daemon Tools on PC, it accesses the iso, adf, whatever through an emulated/simulated filesystem but it does NOT mount the entire ISO into memory, so you can mount an iso on a 8MB Amiga without a problem It´s mainly the same as fms, the only difference is in the structure of mounting the adf and the support for adz files !
Old 22 April 2002, 04:10   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

New update

37.2 (4.4.2002):
- DiskImageCtrl now has an MUI interface for easy control over all units, which works as a commodity. Hence the new place for DiskImageCtrl should be the SYS:WBStartup drawer
- I forgot to include the zlib.library in the initial release

DiskImage.lha
DiskImage.readme