English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 20 December 2020, 10:53   #1
-K-

"No Shader Passes Loaded" error message

Hi all,

The talk around shaders below spurred me on to see if I could get any more advanced shaders working on FS-UAE. I have put a few in the data / shaders folder, but every time I try to enable it in the advanced settings menu, I just get an error message saying "[SHADERS] NO SHADER PASSES LOADED". FS-UAE seems to work fine after this, but obviously without any shaders visible.

What am I doing wrong? I'm running FS-UAE 3.02 on OSX; the shaders I'm trying to run are crt-hyllian and crt-trinitron; they're in documents / FS-UAE / Data / Shaders; I'm enabling it by putting "shaders = [name of shader]" in advanced settings.

Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks!
Old 20 December 2020, 22:42   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, you can probably find some more information about the error in FS-UAE.log.txt (In FS-UAE/Cache/Logs).

That being said, you're probably not doing anything wrong. The shaders are probably simply not compatible to your system. That could for example be caused by shaders being written in a manner that is not portable enough between different OpenGL vendors, or that they require features that are not present on your machine. Apple has deprecated OpenGL already, and haven't updated OpenGL to support more modern features in years. So my guess is that the problem is Apple's sucky OpenGL implementation (and it might be possible to work around that in shader code, or not).
Old 21 December 2020, 19:12   #3
-K-

Thanks for the reply - sounds like it's just not supported, so will leave it there.