English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 27 May 2024, 20:46   #1
Photon

Categories, favorites, and advanced search ideas

Category: Duel filters out 3 games of 10000+(!) I heavily doubt that I can find more by searching for Duel, e.g. Biplanes Duel, and I'm sure many games fit here, like North & South, which is actually one of the ultimate "Multitype games", but not in that list.

Advanced search: Today I found a need for being able to select "No Quickmatch". Is that possible to do, e.g. as "select one - NONE"?

(This was in trying to find Released, Commercial, not on compilations, Amiga Original titles - that are original.)

I guess none of the "genre lists" will be exact, but it could be a start.

Favorites: It would also be nice if there would be a "favorite" function for logged-in users, and this could bump the list placement up.

At least I Ctrl+F for "fav" and no results. It would also be nice for creating a list to return to and add to when you find new ones as you play. <3

But I realize I have no idea how the lists are ranked... average mag reviews? (If so maybe only use Amiga mags, i.e. not generic ones like C+VG.)
Old 27 May 2024, 21:21   #2
Photon

Would also be nice to know what is considered Missing In Action - example: here is a not unreleased MIA game.

I also found that of the "wide" interpretation of Amiga originals, very nearly half of them have no WHD install! (454 of 1029)

- A few of which could be up to this M.I.A. but there weren't many of those.
Old 28 May 2024, 04:27   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

'MIA' just means that we weren't able to source any screenshots of the title. So for released 'MIA' games you could use this search: https://amiga.abime.net/games/list/?..._screenshot=no
Old 30 May 2024, 00:02   #4
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
'MIA' just means that we weren't able to source any screenshots of the title. So for released 'MIA' games you could use this search: https://amiga.abime.net/games/list/?..._screenshot=no
:O Bad term. MIA means the game is missing. 'Screenshots missing' would mean what it says, and maybe result in screenshots incoming!

It could still have the Cyberpunky design tho, it's not bad.
Old 30 May 2024, 05:38   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
:O Bad term. MIA means the game is missing.
Which it means. The game can't be found.

Edit: I created this helpful graphic to explain it hopefully a bit better

Last edited by TCD; 30 May 2024 at 06:21.
Old 30 May 2024, 19:05   #6
Photon

OK. To me missing screenshots still means only that. I guess corporate will be disappoint!

So we have one released MIA, and at least one other, WEC Le Mans which I know is unreleased. I could contribute scans of cover + preview from a C+VG issue.

To me I guess MIA means unreleased. (Unsold if commercial; unshared if not.)

Anyway, when it comes to filtering then, you must select Screenshot: No to find unreleased games. All clear.