English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 June 2021, 19:05   #481

@alancfrancis

but paid orders on amigastore.eu should have access to an ISO. If you have ordered from them and don't see it, drop them a message.

I don't even have that option did ask them to send me a paypal request relating the extra kickstart chip charges i haven't even heard back on this

It not delays that bother me but for the love of a god a small link of communication goes along way

Scratch the dont have access to the digital download part they just change my order at 18:10

Last edited by 512k; 02 June 2021 at 19:16.
Old 02 June 2021, 19:05   #482
Romanujan

It wasn't AmigaStore.EU - back then I didn't knew there would be an option for digital download. Nevertheless, I've asked the shop I did my purchase - maybe I'll be lucky.
Old 02 June 2021, 19:32   #483
eXeler0

This situation with hundreds of orders for the same product in a short period of time isnt a normal situation for most Amiga dealers. Allow them some extra time to sort things out. Amiga users are known for their patience
Old 02 June 2021, 22:56   #484
rutra80

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancfrancis View Post
Done from my phone so hopefully this works.
Got it! Thanks again
Old 02 June 2021, 23:04   #485
systmcrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512k View Post
@alancfrancis

but paid orders on amigastore.eu should have access to an ISO. If you have ordered from them and don't see it, drop them a message.

I don't even have that option did ask them to send me a paypal request relating the extra kickstart chip charges i haven't even heard back on this

It not delays that bother me but for the love of a god a small link of communication goes along way

Scratch the dont have access to the digital download part they just change my order at 18:10
same here... placed my order on 5/21. messaged them twice that i don't mind the delay, but requested a download option in the meantime. haven't heard anything.
Old 03 June 2021, 00:45   #486
gulliver
BoingBagged

Added the following Q&As to the new v47.2 AmigaOS 3.2 FAQ:

1.5 letter l, 4.14, 4.15, 4.16, 12.10, 12.11, 12.12 and 14.14.

It is on Aminet:
https://aminet.net/docs/help/AmigaOS_3.2-FAQ.txt

Last edited by gulliver; 03 June 2021 at 16:23. Reason: Update.
Old 03 June 2021, 03:42   #487
n9yty

I am just missing the logic... It seems to me that if you had an abundance of orders, doing digital downloads first would be the fastest and least time intensive way to fulfill a lot of orders. How is doing all physical fulfillment first more expedient?

Patience. Waiting for Amiga on the Lake to have the ability to offer Kickstart ROMs for the A1200 before I drop the order in anyway.
Old 03 June 2021, 03:45   #488
Rod_cl
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to Rod_cl
I´m still waiting for my order on Amiga on the Lake.. Its been almost 2 weeks since my order.. Today i got a message from USPS that tomorrow should be shipping date!!
PAtience.... patience...
Old 03 June 2021, 07:31   #489
MrClump

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Added the following Q&As to the new v47.2 AmigaOS 3.2 FAQ:

1.5 letter l, 4.14, 4.15, 4.16, 12.10, 12.11, 12.12 and 14.14.

It is on Aminet queue and can be found here as an attachment.
Should also appear on Hyperion's site too.
Re 14.14, I’m not sure that adding another cause of a black screen is especially useful for diagnostics.
Old 03 June 2021, 09:18   #490
Rotzloeffel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
until 4 weeks and Please note that there may be considerable delays in delivery due to diskettes and Rom shortages.

The diskettes you get (6) are useless.. without a rom you need AT least 12... with native language 14... i have no idea, What this option is usefull for
Old 03 June 2021, 10:32   #491
Romanujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Amiga users are known for their patience
Amiga users are known for sitting quiet no matter what the sellers are doing. Phil, Amiga On The Lake, now Hyperion tries to join the club...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzloeffel View Post
The diskettes you get (6) are useless.. without a rom you need AT least 12... with native language 14... i have no idea, What this option is usefull for
I have ordered ROMs for my A1200, not the diskettes - I though this would save me some time (I don't have the equipment to flash them by myself, I would have to arrange somebody to do this for me) and I got punished for my laziness. Lesson learned: never order from Hyperion or his resellers if you can achieve the same by paying somebody else.
Old 03 June 2021, 13:26   #492
alancfrancis

I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in one of the coder groups, but I'm keen to start using the 3.2 SDK instead of 39 and I'm not really sure how. I have SAS/C6.58 set up on a 3.2 install after @boemann suggested it was how the 3.2 team were developing, but I'm very unfamiliar with the tool, have previously used DICE 30 years ago, and recently VBCC (on Mac and Amiga) and bebbos gcc (on the Mac).

Unlike gcc and vbcc SAS does not seem to care about a separate NDK location, so I assume it comes with a set of headers and link libs "built in"? If so, how do I insert the 3.2NDK into the paths it's searching instead of whatever its currently using ?

For gcc on the Mac, I've had a couple of people say they've been able to use the 3.2NDK without modification, but I'm aware that bebbo's makefile patches the NDK39 headers and generates a bunch of compiler specific stuff as part of the install. My next step is to try just clearing out the /opt/amiga/m68k-amigaos/ndk/lib and ndk-include folders, both of which came from a downloaded NDK39 and replacing them with the 3.2 libs and headers to see what happens.

For vbcc (Mac and Amiga), I think it uses its own amiga.lib, but uses the headers from NDK3.9 so I'm not sure what to do there... I can change where it looks for headers, but not sure what to do about the compiler-specific amiga.lib.

The readme says "If you have never been bitten by the urge to develop for the Amiga,
what are you waiting for?" I'm totally bitten by the urge, I just don't know how best to get started :-)

Any help, thoughts, guidance appreciated here.
Old 03 June 2021, 16:11   #493
gulliver
BoingBagged

@alancfrancis

http://www.pjhutchison.org/tutorial/sas_c.html
Old 03 June 2021, 17:06   #494
Romanujan

OK, Alinea provided me a download link Some more feedback from my side:

1. So far tried with FS-UAE only - but when I enable the mouse wheel scrolling, I can "scroll away" very far from the icons within the Workbench lister (see the attachment). I don't think this is a good idea.

2. AddBuffers command could see some improvements - see for example this replacement http://aminet.net/package/util/sys/AddBuffers . Instead of checking if DF0: exists and adding buffers, one could have something like AddBufers DF?: 30 to add 30 buffers for each and every DF? drive present.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WB-problem.png
Views:	145
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	72182  
Old 03 June 2021, 17:32   #495
alancfrancis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Thank you Ignacio, but I regret that doesn't really help me at all :-).

Perhaps I did not express myself well. I have SAS/C installed and working. I wrote a short simple program and have a Smakefile which works fine.. I know what I am doing with basic tasks like compiling and linking, and can use the toolchain to build my C files.

But its using whatever headers and libs shipped with SAS/C 6.58 in 199x.

Where I fall down is that the tutorial link you sent for example says

"For more up to date includes and libraries, download and install the latest NDK3.9 .". But it does not say what to do next.

I have NDK3.9. I also have NDK3.2, but I don't know what I need to do to tell SAS/C to use the NDK instead of whatever it shipped with.

Given a working, out-of-the-box install of SAS/C and a couple of folders e.g. Work:NDK3.2 or Work:NDK39. what do I need to do to configure SAS properly ?

bebbo-gcc downloaded and configured NDK3.9 for me as part of installation, VBCC asked for the location of the NDK during installation, but SAS (of course because of its age) has no awareness of this so I assume has to be manually configured somehow ?

Thanks for your time,

Alan
Old 03 June 2021, 17:53   #496
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
OK, Alinea provided me a download link Some more feedback from my side:

1. So far tried with FS-UAE only - but when I enable the mouse wheel scrolling, I can "scroll away" very far from the icons within the Workbench lister (see the attachment). I don't think this is a good idea.

2. AddBuffers command could see some improvements - see for example this replacement http://aminet.net/package/util/sys/AddBuffers . Instead of checking if DF0: exists and adding buffers, one could have something like AddBufers DF?: 30 to add 30 buffers for each and every DF? drive present.
1. is normal, it is like you click and hold window slider arrow.
Old 03 June 2021, 18:09   #497
gulliver
BoingBagged

@alancfrancis

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90542
Old 03 June 2021, 18:22   #498
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
For vbcc (Mac and Amiga), I think it uses its own amiga.lib, but uses the headers from NDK3.9 so I'm not sure what to do there...
It uses any NDK you like to use. Although I would recommend the kick13 configuration for Kickstart 1.x NDKs.

Quote:
I can change where it looks for headers, but not sure what to do about the compiler-specific amiga.lib.
Are there any new static amiga.lib functions, which are not in a shared library? I doubt that. New shared library functions have to be added with fd2pragma: http://phoenix.owl.de/fd2pragma.tar.gz

Any real AmigaOS NDK comes with FD and probably even SFD files. You can generate the compiler specific proto and inline headers, as well as the amiga.lib stubs with fd2pragma, using a library's FD file and its clib file.

Example:
fd2pragma special 38 to path/include/proto name_lib.fd
for the vbcc prototypes.
fd2pragma special 70 voidbase to path/include/inline name_lib.fd clib pathto/clib/name_protos.h
for the vbcc inlines.
fd2pragma special 12 to RAM: hunkname CODE onlycnames noppc name_lib.fd
for the stub functions (asm sources). Assemble and join to amiga.lib.

EDIT: Probably there will be a new vbcc release this year, as there are a lot of improvements in the 68k backend. I will make sure to build the new amiga.lib with NDK 3.2.

Quote:
I have NDK3.9. I also have NDK3.2, but I don't know what I need to do to tell SAS/C to use the NDK instead of whatever it shipped with.
I guess as SAS/C comes with fixed include folders you have to replace the OS headers therein. And you should regenerate the SAS/C-specific pragma headers with fd2pragma (refer to the documentation for the correct special codes). Same for gcc, theoretically. But newer gcc ports may be incompatible.

Last edited by phx; 03 June 2021 at 18:33. Reason: Next version
Old 03 June 2021, 18:23   #499
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
But its using whatever headers and libs shipped with SAS/C 6.58 in 199x.

Given a working, out-of-the-box install of SAS/C and a couple of folders e.g. Work:NDK3.2 or Work:NDK39. what do I need to do to configure SAS properly ?

bebbo-gcc downloaded and configured NDK3.9 for me as part of installation, VBCC asked for the location of the NDK during installation, but SAS (of course because of its age) has no awareness of this so I assume has to be manually configured somehow ?

Alan
Basically the new headers_h and headers_i need to be in the INCLUDE: assign

Perhaps start by listing what assign tells you include: and lib: points to

Sas/c already comes with 2.0 or something headers

in my install sasc/include/ contains eg intuition and more subfolders

be aware that in the old days .h and .i files were all placed in the same folders.

In the 3.9 ad 3.2 ndk they are split in include_h and inlude_i folders

You can keep them like that for easier searching or copy them to the same place.

I'd suggest a structure like

sasc/include_h
sasc/include_i

I would then remove from the include drawer all the old stuff except the normal c header files like stdio.h and friends

This will leave you with

include_h
include_i
include

Now sasc needs to know how to find these. This is done with the include: assign so in the sasc portion of s:user-startup you will find setting up these assigns and you will now have to edit it to something like:

assign include: sasc/include_h
assign include: sasc/include_i ADD
assign include: sasc/include ADD

Note I'm writing this somewhat blindly as I don't have a clean SASC setup anymore
Old 03 June 2021, 18:26   #500
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Any real AmigaOS NDK comes with FD and probably even SFD files. You can generate the compiler specific proto and inline headers, as well as the amiga.lib stubs with fd2pragma, using a library's FD file and its clib file.

And you should regenerate the SAS/C-specific pragma headers with fd2pragma (refer to the documentation for the correct special codes). Same for gcc, theoretically. But newer gcc ports may be incompatible.

No need for all these generation from FD and SFD. While technically correct, the NDK comes with these pre generated. If you don't trust us you are welcome to generate them on your own, but it shouldn't be necessary for any of the wel known compilers out there