English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 11 July 2019, 16:27   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS One 68k

Author: AMIGASYSTEM

https://sites.google.com/view/arosone

Also the file associations have been improved, Icon.Library by PeterK has been added that associated with Deficons OS3 now allows you to associate many other file types not supported by Wanderer, also are present in the Distro "CopyIcon" and "IconType" for the management of Icons, another tool that is missing on Wanderer.

AROS One 68k is distributed on HardFile, once unpacked the zipped HardFile it will be ready to be started by WinUAE, attached also the correct WinUAE Config and the updated ROMs to be copied in the WinUAE Roms folder.

N.B = AROS One is no longer compatible with Vampire in the Distro there are no Driver, Monitor or other files belonging to this tab. For those who use a Real Amiga is under construction an AROS One 68k version that can be started with KickStart 3.x without the need to map the native AROS Roms.

Tutorial Video: [ Show youtube player ]

AROS One 68k ABI-V1: New version of the AROS Distro dedicated to 68k, this release includes many new features since the last version, many updated Applications, including new programs and new icons for the most common files.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 July 2022 at 18:51.
Old 11 July 2019, 17:55   #2
Dunny

What kind of actual Amiga would you need to run this one?
Old 11 July 2019, 18:07   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

At the moment all the AMiGAs have been sleeping in the cellar for 25 years and I can't do any tests.
On WinUAE I only added the ROMs the rest is a normal RTG configuration, in practice I used the same configuration as AmikitX and AfA-OS.
I think that an expanded Amiga RTG or a Vampire can start this system, the only drawback should be the ROMs to load.
Old 11 July 2019, 18:35   #4
Nickman1200

Wow great to see a 68k version that has a consistent look.
Does AROS compile on GCC?`
With Bebbos work on GCC 6.5 bringing in 68080 optimizations would be nice to see a fresh compile ones that is more mature.

Great work AMIGASYSTEM!
Old 11 July 2019, 21:41   #5
Seiya

excellent work AMIGASYSTEM. It works very good and fast! I prefere this 68k version than x86 classic aros
Old 11 July 2019, 23:54   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

They are two completely different things, AROS 68k is an Amiga OS3 "modernized" that supports old OS3 applications but also new things that OS3 can not run. All system libraries and system files have been rewritten and this leads to incompatibility on some things. I'm not a developer but I think that over time in my opinion the compatibility will increase.
Old 12 July 2019, 01:05   #7
Sandancer

looks amazing thank you
Old 12 July 2019, 08:52   #8
AMIGASYSTEM

I'm glad someone likes it, after so much work it's very nice.
Old 12 July 2019, 08:57   #9
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Nice work, Amigasystem!

Thanks for the effort!
Old 13 July 2019, 03:48   #10
quantum8

This looks promising. Hopefully it'll mature quickly so I can load it on a big box RTG amiga when I finally get one
Old 14 July 2019, 19:32   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

In the meantime you can try it on WinUAE
Old 18 July 2019, 23:08   #12
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS One 68k ABI-v1: Update v1.1 my free AROS 68k Distro based on the latest Nightly Builds.
As it happened for "AROS One x86" also in this new 68k version new applications have been added and some improvements have been made, among the novelties a revisitation of my drawer icons where I added the "Glow" effect in the style of OS3.9 and OS4.

Also Wanderer (Workbench) in AfA-OS style has been improved, now all or almost all the Graphics, Audio, Video, Archives and Documents files have been associated to the most suitable applications.

Another improvement is found on Dopus4, as for Wanderer also Dopus4 can now view many of the most common files even without extension, you can now examine and view many files such as Graphic, Sound, Video or various Documents with the classic Click del Mouse (Double Click and Click-M-Click) or through a Tab.

Among the new applications included in the new release you will find the excellent MultiPlayer V.A.M.P with a new Skin created by me and DAPlayer that allows you to run MOD, XM, S3M, but also MP3.

All the Workbench and Dopus associations are already available also from LiveCD, any operation can be done with the exception of the saves, which can be done if you connect a Pendrive, a MemoryCard or an HD.

AROS One 68k is always distributed on HardFile that can be used on WinUAE or other Amiga Emulators or "burned" on PenDrive, MemoryCard, Real HarDisk or copy its content in a Folder and use it as "DirectoryFilesystem".

Of course something will have escaped, in case I can still improve according to your needs.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 10 February 2020 at 12:30.
Old 22 July 2019, 12:27   #13
AMIGASYSTEM

Created a new Theme for AROS and one for SkinnableClock,all along with other software news you will find them in the next release

On AROS One 68k FFPlay is now associated and allows you to play Video AVI, FLV, MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, DiVX, XiVID, MPG, FLI, ASF and Audio WMA, M4A, MP3 ect.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 10 February 2020 at 12:30.
Old 22 July 2019, 12:56   #14
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
On AROS One 68k FFPlay is now associated and allows you to play Video AVI, FLV, MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, DVix, XiVID, MPG, FLI, ASF and Audio WMA, M4A, MP3 ect.
And this is supposed to work on say an overclocked 060 in an Amiga 4000 with CyberGfx?
Old 22 July 2019, 13:10   #15
AMIGASYSTEM

My A4000/060 has been dead and in the garage for 25 years so I can't test it.
On WinUAE (try it) apart from the graphics card that is slow AROS 68k is very fast, it takes a few seconds to start (See video), on Amiga Reale could be better since in AROS there are drivers for ATI, IntelGMA, and NVidia.

Having said that, my Advocate could go discreetly unless we can load the two ROMs.

I am not a developer but only a fan of all AMiGA isystems no one exculo, AROS 68k was born recently and is growing fast so everything could greatly improve this nes ono more than sure given the power and use of new software system,.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 22 July 2019 at 14:20.
Old 02 August 2019, 11:43   #16
Paulthetall

Great work Amigasystem. Now Amiga Hardware is on ramming speed at the moment. Power cards come out with a blast! ZZ9000, Vampire, Warp1260 and so on, proper OS and apps are getting really behind. People have to bundle power to create a a proper OS for Amiga based on Aros or Workbench where at least all Amiga apps can be used including WHDload and where we can do all our normal day stuff, Office, Internet, Music, Video. So we can use our Amiga's for all out daily stuff. I see your name popping up on several locations which Amiga OS versions, so you have the good Focus. Now we need to bundle power and think strategy putting time and effort in the right place. Because Aros is opensource, that would be a right place. Not being concerned about copyrights and stuff. I would even pay gladly for a good working complete Amiga OS with everything needed on it.

P.s. maybe you can add your great looking icons of AFA OS into it as well

Last edited by Paulthetall; 02 August 2019 at 12:09.
Old 02 August 2019, 19:38   #17
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthetall View Post
P.s. maybe you can add your great looking icons of AFA OS into it as well
I'm not a graphic designer, I had fun with the icons and I created two sets of icons one installed on the two versions of AROS One and one for Afa-OS.

By the way I'm creating a Distro based on AfA-OS 4.8 where I'll add my icons and all the latest OS3 software, I'm taking care of all the associations, NetSurf + FFplay running Youtube Videos and much more, the installation will be very simple just a simple copy of the OS 3.9 BB1/2/3/4 files.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 03 March 2020 at 15:55.
Old 03 August 2019, 22:08   #18
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Hi! I'm running a website dedicated to distros/packs for Amigas.

I've added yours!
http://amigadistrowatch.com/2019/08/...k-abi-v1-v1-1/

Thank you very kindly, AROS One is in two versions, there is also AROS One x86

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97987
Old 05 August 2019, 08:35   #19
Paulthetall

Can you use WHDload on the Aros 68K because its on Amiga Hardware?
Old 05 August 2019, 18:40   #20
AMIGASYSTEM

No at the moment WHDLoad does not work, practically the executable works but when you try to execute a "Slave" WinUAE blocks error (HALT3).
Most likely AROS 68k will run WHDLoad games in the future, AROS 68k is young and growing, maybe some good developer of this forum can help on this thing.

Anyway if you like the RTG screen in a few hours I will release my AfA-OS based Distro where everything or almost everything can be run including the WHDLoad games.