English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 28 August 2023, 18:15   #1
Sierra Hotel

Kixx Monkey Island 2 - Disk 11

Hi all,

It shouldn't be rare but I can't seem to find the Kixx XL Monkey Island 2 disks online. I can only find the original full priced version.

I attempted to install it on my A600 last night from the actual real genuine original Kixx floppies. It was all going swimmingly till disk 11 which gave a read error.

I only need disk 11. For now I just copied the regular full price disk 11 contents to the folder because that is widely available - maybe it'll work, but I won't know till near the end of the game.

If someone can zone Kixx MI2 d11, I'd be much obliged. Then I can complete the install and fix the floppy. Thank you.
Old 28 August 2023, 18:43   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Why don't you just clean your disk 11 ?

Your disk probably has some mould on it, and write a fresh ADF won't fix the disk.

You have to clean first then write.
Old 28 August 2023, 18:56   #3
derSammler

Quote:
It shouldn't be rare but I can't seem to find the Kixx XL Monkey Island 2 disks online. I can only find the original full priced version.
They are all the same. So for repairing your bad disk, it does not matter.

Not sure if there even were different revisions of the Amiga port, but that would only affect disk 1 anyway.
Old 28 August 2023, 19:40   #4
Sierra Hotel

Thanks derSammler and dlfrSilver,
I suspected Kixx disks (except d1) , might be the same as the original release just from looking at the file sizes, so it is good to have it confirmed. If I can't repair the Kixx d11 floppy, I might try cleaning it but it looks in great condition so fingers crossed.

Sadly MI2 doesn't seem to play nice with my A600 and left mouse clicks are registered about half an inch below the mouse pointer. Prof Google says this might be due to using KS3. 1. I might have to resort to whdload after all.
Old 28 August 2023, 23:59   #5
Sierra Hotel

I tested the floppies in my A500 KS1. 2 and the mouse click position was fine, so that is in line with the suggestion that KS3.1 is causing the issue. I had hoped to play from a clean HD installation on the A600, but it looks like whdload is my best option. Sorry that took a tangent.

I can't believe I played through MI2 back in the day on floppy - there are about ten disk swaps of four different disks before the game even starts!??
Old 29 August 2023, 00:15   #6
Retro1234
Phone Homer

The CD32 compilations don't use WHDload and Monkey Island works fine. Also pretty sure the Kixx versions are floating about.