English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 24 October 2014, 22:55   #361
amiga1200gamer

Thanks lubomyr and pelya. diagonals working good now for me!
Old 16 November 2014, 16:31   #362
pitkin

Hi all,
Thanks for this great emulator on Android.
I was wondering if a feature could be added?
Would it be possible to have an option for the mouse pointer jump to where your finger is on the touchscreen rather than dragging it?
For games like Dungeon master, it could make them a true and indeed easier mobile experience.
Many thanks.
Pitkin

Old 16 November 2014, 20:10   #363
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitkin View Post
Would it be possible to have an option for the mouse pointer jump to where your finger is on the touchscreen rather than dragging it?
Pitkin
When run uae4all2 when you will see SDL logo try to press button "Change Device configuration". Select Mouse settings, next select 'advanced settings' and remove tick from 'Relative mouse movement (laptop mode)'
But this feature will not be work correct, because too hard or impossible to implement it via emulation environment.
Old 17 November 2014, 21:45   #364
pitkin

Shame, but thanks for the answer anyway

Old 23 November 2014, 21:32   #365
mfc83

Hi,

It looks like there is some difference in sprite handling between this version of UAE and others. I'm trying to get Super Skidmarks to run and the car sprites all have lines over them. See screenshots. Is there a way to fix this at all?

Also, is it possible to choose higher vertical resolutions? Would be nice to have a 640x512 screen for some things.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-23-13-52-40.png
Views:	263
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	42299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 13.48.17.png
Views:	205
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	42300  

Old 29 November 2014, 05:41   #366
olesio

@lubomyr: I bought new Lenovo Yoga 2 eight inches. And emulator in latest apk version which you public here works very well. I played a while in Lotus 3 WHDLoad version. No problem with sound chops etc. But probable fast processor with four cores help me with that? On old Pentagram I set always some frameskip and low sample rate.

But there is new problem. My tablet model and maybe other Lenovo hides bottom menu bar (with back, home etc buttons) when some application want to work on fullscreen graphic mode. You can show that bar with swing move up and down. From that fact I cannot see on screen keyboard for typing name of configuration in conf. manager to store it with some name. I can only save it as ".conf". A VKeybd button shows on screen keyboard, but edit field probable loose focus and there is no results after typing.

Can you do something with that? Sorry for my bad English. I hope I described all clearly.
Old 29 November 2014, 18:11   #367
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

olesio,
With modern fast device not neccessary to use frameskip or other feature which been developed for slow devices.
With my quad-core device i also not used frameskip.
And with 640-width mode all games and demos works perfect for me.
I also tried to test uae4all2 with one tablet where also hidden bottom menu bar. But when i try slide by finger from upper side to down then bottom menu bar appears on screen. Some tablet have additional settings for bottom menu bar.
In other way you can remap one on-screen button via SDL-settings for call uae4all2 menu (LCTRL)
With my device i also lose focus with test field after pressing VKeybd. But when i see keyboard on screen i can press on text field again. I hope same must works for all device.
Old 29 November 2014, 19:56   #368
olesio

In my model of Tablet, to show bottom bar I probable must swipe from down to up, because that cause bottom bar appear. I remap "4" button for LCtrl, but that do not help me with anything. So can you describe step by step what I should do - because I do no know - what actions must be done to type corectly. And I must mention, when I show keyboard by vkeyb button and press on emulator Window, I can move window of config manager in emulator screen bounds, but that's all

I had one case, which I cannot reproduce. When I did something and get "---.conf" as file name. But I did it only one time. And probable not when I pressed "-" on keyboard. It was done in uknown way for me. Maybe you can do something by code, to active keyboard by vkeybd button and edit field get focus without loosing it. Thanks in advance for help and explanation.
Old 30 November 2014, 22:26   #369
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

@olesio
I builded experimental version where keyboard appear with tap on textfield
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4all2-test.apk
May be it can solve problem. Please check
Old 30 November 2014, 22:41   #370
olesio

Yes, much better. I can type correctly and give my config name. Ofcouse I must press down arrow symbol on bar, to hide keyboard. Then I must press back button on bar to restore emulator focus. But it works fine anyway. Thank you very much for nice fix

And by the way, I have two suggestion. On old shitty Pentagram I cannot wrote to external SD card. Now in Lenovo I can. So maybe you can add some checkbox like "Open hdf only for read" or "Allow write on HDF". Just for sure, if sometimes WHDLoad crash and want to store dump files in DH0:C/ subdir. Or when we do not want to waste higscore or some files. If it possible ofcourse.

And second suggestion. Maybe you can prepare some alternative controls for pinball games (if I did not wrote about that before)? Like my favorite Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Illussion.

Because as far as I remember there was problem to handle pressing of left and right paddles at the same time. So maybe some special controlers on left and right. And smaller proportional cursor near left bottom button for left paddle to control menu and some additional small keys for launch ball or choose one player and also back to menu by Escape etc. What you think about it?
Old 01 December 2014, 16:50   #371
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

I not detected any problems with handle pressing of left and right paddles at same time
see my video after 2:02
[ Show youtube player ]

Sorry for quality. My device is slighty freezes when capture video. But in any way i not saw any problems for this game.
Old 01 December 2014, 17:51   #372
olesio

Ok, I see. But in that case layout of on screen buttons must be set in SDL config on start? And it will be associated with saved/loaded configuration?
Old 01 December 2014, 18:12   #373
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

No,
I used layout of on-screen buttons which configured via On-screen tab of uae4all2 settings (not a SDL-config on start)
Old 01 December 2014, 19:54   #374
olesio

Ah, ok. I used default controls layout and set custom keys for them. It works ok for me.
Old 06 December 2014, 22:38   #375
olesio

@lubomyr: I see it is sitll probable problem with savestates. If we save for example game "Franko" WHDLoad version launched under TinyLauncher while playing first level, it restore ok. But when we exit emulator. Load the same config and load save state game always crash. Can you improve that in some way. Or it is some Tablet fault? Because on my old Pentagram I had the same problem. And it probable happend with most of games.
Old 06 December 2014, 22:56   #376
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
@lubomyr

Is there an chance of an ART fix for UAE4ALL2. As android is going to be dumping JIT.
I think ART is the cause of my HDF issues. ART is a massive improvement over JIT.

Anyone else having issues with ART?
Old 09 December 2014, 23:54   #377
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
@lubomyr

Is there an chance of an ART fix for UAE4ALL2. As android is going to be dumping JIT.
I think ART is the cause of my HDF issues. ART is a massive improvement over JIT.

Anyone else having issues with ART?
Whats ART?!

I posted before about HDF issues ever since the Kitkat updates, but they fall on death ears, so i have to use my Ouya now instead of my nvidia shield.
Old 10 December 2014, 13:11   #378
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Tested with Elephone G4 and Cube U27Gt Talk 8H. Both with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). ART environment is enabled.
With both device - hdf works.
No idea
Old 11 December 2014, 00:06   #379
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Whats ART?!

I posted before about HDF issues ever since the Kitkat updates, but they fall on death ears, so i have to use my Ouya now instead of my nvidia shield.
Ahead-of-Time compiler, its way faster than JIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
Tested with Elephone G4 and Cube U27Gt Talk 8H. Both with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). ART environment is enabled.
With both device - hdf works.
No idea
Ok, the only other thing it can be is F2FS. Using both F2FS partitions and ART, make my nexus 7, blindingly fast.
Just thought it may have been ART as alot of apps have issues with ART as they haven't been compiled with ART in mind.
Old 03 January 2015, 19:03   #380
Dissasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich View Post
@lubomyr

I have copied a new Workbench setup onto my external SD (exSdCard/Amiga/Workbench) and installed the newer version you linked to (thanks). I now get to an AmigaDOS window when trying to load the hard drive. As soon as the AmigaDOS window apears all I get is a '1>' cursor. It is not executing the startup-sequence or anything else. If I type in a command such as 'dir' the prompt returns 'dir: fie is write protected'. If I type in an unknown command it it says 'unknown command' so it can find the files it just can not execute them? Could it be a problem with Samsung's firmware as I have recently had to change to using 'X-Plore' as 'ES File Manager' and 'Total Commander' stopped being able to rename files / create directories.
I've run into exact same issue on my shield tablet with Lollipop. I can't get WB to boot up when using a directory as a HDD. Got no problem with using exact copy of that HDD folder on my ouya using the same or for a matter of fact any Uae4All versions. Works flawlessly on my Ouya.

Did anybody find a solution to this? really frustrating as I actually got shield to play Uae4All via WHDload as obviously ADF ain't perfect.

Thanks,
Jan