English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 July 2011, 01:22   #1
MethodGit

Is it just me or is HRTMon very buggy?

Under the basic vanilla A1200 quickstart option with HRTMon attached at least, I tend to find it suffers from memory leak problems where doing a handful of value searches and browsing through values with 'm' eventually causes the screen to completely garble in and out, rendering it unuseable. This never happens with ARIII on an A500, and I'm willing to believe that AR1200 is essentially the same thing as HRTMon, only in black. I'm not sure if the problem only happens when browsing the memory of specific titles (I was attempting to look at Aladdin earlier, if that helps).

This is with WinUAE 2.3.2, using the built-in HRTMon, with only the most basic of A1200 setups (2Mb RAM, no extensions, stock quickstart configuration). If you need me to provide anything else like my actual config file or a detailed log, let me know.
Old 12 July 2011, 12:11   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

As you have been told many times before, you could use WinUAE's built in debugger instead which is completely invisible to the system. Shift-F12 to activate. It has many features, the game cannot tell it's running, and it's super quick too.
Old 12 July 2011, 12:40   #3
MethodGit

I use the debugger on a regular basis as well, mainly to set breakpoints on addresses, but there's still certain things I can't do with it despite looking through it's command list several times over, such as changing anything more than two bytes at a time (and only if it doesn't involve a leading zero, otherwise it ends up changing the wrong value), or searching for specific values and/or strings. If it was as easy to use as AR (and didn't change the meaning behind certain instructions to the extent that it greatly affects my research) I'd likely use it full time.
Old 12 July 2011, 17:25   #4
Skope
Protracker

I've never had HRTMon crash like that ever. Then again I've not used it on the regular, I'm more of a BeerMon guy.