English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 November 2021, 18:44   #261
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Ok I have just done a test where I downloaded an actual igame screenshot pack. Now when I click on one of the games I added an igame.iff to it just closes down.
What package did you download? Can you attach the link? I suspect that the images are in a different format than IFF
Old 19 November 2021, 15:31   #262
walkero

Hello everyone. Sorry for my absence but I didn't get any notifications that there were messages in this discussion. It seems I shouldn't rely on that forum feature.

Let me reply to some things I read.

Quote:
GuiGfx and guigfx.library are needed for those who use a graphics card, and are not needed for those who do not have a graphics card, those who have not graphics card instead will have to enable NOGUIGFX in the Icon Tolltype.
guigfx.library DOES NOT require a graphics card to be used. We have had it working in iGame since the first versions were released, working on any amiga just fine. My test machines do not have graphics card.

Unfortunately, because of the many different versions of guigfx.library and the poor documentation, there is a lot of confusion out there on how it should be used, and which other libraries are needed and versions.

Also, as much as I know, multiview DOES NOT use guigfx.library.

The NOGUIGFX tooltype is used in iGame to disable the mechanism that shows the screenshots with guigfx.library and use pure datatypes. To see if an image is supported by your currently installed datatypes you can try to open it with multiview. If it works there but NOT in iGame, then there might be a bug in iGame or a misconfiguration. If the image does not work in multiview, then you probably have issues with your datatypes, and it is not a problem with iGame.

There can be a lot of reasons why a datatype is not working on your system. It could be incompatibilities of the card you use, of the datatypes that are installed, of the old not maintained distribution, of a patch that is running etc. I am sorry but this should be a topic of another discussion, and not part of this thread, because it doesn't have anything to do with iGame.
Old 19 November 2021, 15:37   #263
walkero

Quote:
Still the same issue as before. Images display fine for games that have them, if there is no imaged file, the menu boxes display all squashed up the right hand side of the screen on like the old iGame which would just display iGame.iff should a game NOT have an image.
If there is no igame.iff file in the game folder, then iGame tries to load the game icon. if there is the game icon, then tries to use that. Unfortunately, there is no check if it fails to move and load the default iGame image, which is something I am currently working to fix.

This can fail in the case that you don't have info datatype installed in your system. Again, to see if it works, you can try to open a .info file in your multiview. If the datatype is installed and works fine, the icon image should be shown.
Old 19 November 2021, 16:56   #264
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Nice work... I have used IGame, I have it in my Classic Workbench GAAE but it has a problem showing the right colours on the images of the games, I guest thats cause Workbench is using 1.3 colours, but I can get round that if you run it by itself in Amiga Boot Selector, thats how I run AGS2, Tiny Launcher and XbEnCH, it boots up before Workbench so you can select Workbench, AGS2 Menu, TinyLauncher or XbEnCH, I will add the new version of IGame v2 and see how looks... EYEGame2...

Amiga Boot Selector was made by the same person that made Tiny Launcher, Michael GiBS.

(You can even load a different Workbench with it, if Workbench 1.3 is on DH0 and the other Workbench 3.1 is on DH1 then you boot DH1 and dismount DH0 first so it can not see the one on DH0 otherwise you will see its icon on the DH1 Workbench 3.1... I did have Classic Workbench GAAE on DH0 and Classic Workbench Advanced on DH1, so like a OS multiboot.)

Last edited by spannernick; 19 November 2021 at 17:29.
Old 19 November 2021, 18:55   #265
AMIGASYSTEM

@walkero
Sorry thanks for the info, actually in the post. 244 i had written that iGame worked with or without "noguigfx".

What made me think that guigfx.library required a graphics card was the consultation "library" done with Multiview, see screenshot !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 December 2021 at 09:41.
Old 19 November 2021, 23:20   #266
walkero

@amigasystem
No worries at all. I just wanted to clarify it.
Old 19 November 2021, 23:52   #267
AMIGASYSTEM

All Ok no worries

I have tested iGame on "AROS One 68k" it works well, only problem that the "MUI" menus are not compatible, too bad !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 December 2021 at 09:40.
Old 20 November 2021, 02:48   #268
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

Well, the menus are bog-standard for MUI, so that suggests an issue with Zune compatibility more than anything.
Old 20 November 2021, 12:24   #269
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes in fact it is only an incompatibility with a particular library.
Consider that AROS uses "also" standard MUI libraries, in fact for some Applications where AROS doesn't have the respective Zune version, I use the Standard MUI libraries, this is also valid for other Amiga system libraries that on AROS 68k are not there.
Old 24 November 2021, 10:36   #270
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
If there is no igame.iff file in the game folder, then iGame tries to load the game icon. if there is the game icon, then tries to use that. Unfortunately, there is no check if it fails to move and load the default iGame image, which is something I am currently working to fix.

This can fail in the case that you don't have info datatype installed in your system. Again, to see if it works, you can try to open a .info file in your multiview. If the datatype is installed and works fine, the icon image should be shown.
Oh ok. I didn't know that. Just I do not have image files in every single game because I am too lazy to install them. I do bring them over from time to time but it's a crazy ask for like 3000 games. Anyways, so a lot of games do not have an image hence this issue of skewed display windows whilst using iGame v2. All I know is in the old iGame it would just stay with the iGame default .iff file should it not find a game .iff which is more acceptable obviously as the menus are still viewable.

What does the the tooptype "screenshot=width x height" do btw? Just curious.
Old 24 November 2021, 10:56   #271
walkero

Quote:
All I know is in the old iGame it would just stay with the iGame default .iff file should it not find a game .iff which is more acceptable obviously as the menus are still viewable.
You are right on that. The old iGame didn't support the icon's images, which was added later. These days I am working on the code to fix that issue, which is going to test if the datatype actually works or not. This way if the info datatype does not exist, it will proceed to load the default iGame image. I hope I will have a new release soon. The ticket for this work can be seen at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/162

Quote:
What does the the tooptype "screenshot=width x height" do btw? Just curious.
This sets the screenshot width and height in pixels, but it works only if guigfx.library is enabled. I have also a todo item to make it work with datatypes as well (https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/161)
Old 24 November 2021, 11:34   #272
OlafSch

@walkero

Is it possible to use iGame from CLI? Important would be f.e. to let iGame update the list and to add directories to it. That would at least be a workaround for the compatibility problems on Aros 68k so it would become useable. I had the same problem when testing it on aros vision.
Old 24 November 2021, 12:48   #273
walkero

Quote:
That would at least be a workaround for the compatibility problems on Aros 68k
What compatibility issues? I am not aware of any. Please open an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues and I will do my best.
Old 24 November 2021, 13:17   #274
OlafSch

Quote:
What compatibility issues? I am not aware of any. Please open an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues and I will do my best.
Menu with Zune not works. Not the fault of iGame of course but from Zune. Using it from CLI would at least offer a workaround for me.
Old 24 November 2021, 13:19   #275
rabidgerry

Quote:
You are right on that. The old iGame didn't support the icon's images, which was added later. These days I am working on the code to fix that issue, which is going to test if the datatype actually works or not. This way if the info datatype does not exist, it will proceed to load the default iGame image. I hope I will have a new release soon. The ticket for this work can be seen at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/162

This sets the screenshot width and height in pixels, but it works only if guigfx.library is enabled. I have also a todo item to make it work with datatypes as well (https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/161)

Sounds good to me man
Old 24 November 2021, 13:26   #276
walkero

@olafsch
Are the keyboard shortcuts working?
Old 24 November 2021, 13:32   #277
OlafSch

Quote:
@olafsch
Are the keyboard shortcuts working?
good idea. Have not tested it. Will do and report.
Old 24 November 2021, 14:29   #278
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
@walkero

Is it possible to use iGame from CLI?

From CLI iGame can be run quietly, if you use WBRun you can also run Tooltypes

keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work
Old 24 November 2021, 14:48   #279
walkero

The menu problem is happening to other MUI applications as well under Zune? Or is it something that is happening with iGame only?

Please, file a ticket at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues and add there a place to download an environment where I can test it. In case there is a way to make it work.
Old 24 November 2021, 15:00   #280
AMIGASYSTEM

I have not encountered the problem on other MUI applications.

You have to consider that AROS 68k uses primarily Zune libraries, when these are not present "the software" Amiga tries to use the MUI present in LIBS/MUI.

In the case of iGame I think it's an incompatibility with the MUI library used by iGame.

You can find my HardFile Bootable of AROS Standard and the WinUAE config HERE, you just have to add in SYS:Libs/MUI the libraries used by iGame.

The Zune libraries can be found in SYS:Classes/Zune