English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 September 2012, 15:13   #1
fishyfish
Banned

Anyone Have Current Issue Of Retro Gamer?/8bit BASIC contest

As I sometimes do if I miss a bus from a particular location, rater than wait arund bored for half an hour I'll stop into the newsagency and have a quick browse through any video games magazines that interest me. Today I was browsing through the current issue of Retro Gamer, and happened to catch a glimpse of a competition to make a game for an 8bit system of your choice, but in BASIC (again, your choice).

I tried to remember the URL so I could check it out, but I could only remember "kikstarter.eu", and a vague recollection of something like "/retrospect_2012" trailing it. I tried my luck with trying to find it, but unfortunately without joy.

If there's anyone who happens to have a copy could they please look it up please? Im pretty sure its on one of pages 104,106, and 103 (in order of confidence). It was also remember it was a right hand side page, about 2/3rd of the way down, in a column on the right hand side of the page.

Im curious to check this contest out. Ive always had a bit of a fixtion with seeing what people make with restrictive software packages.

Thanks.
Old 27 September 2012, 15:49   #2
Raislin77it
Zone Friend

with google i've found this :

"
8-Bit BASIC Competition from Retrospectiva :
It's already been posted on a couple other websites, but Retrospectiva 2012 has just opened a contest for 8-bit BASIC programs (any variant of BASIC for any 8-bit computer is eligible). There's a few rules like it must be written entirely in BASIC (no machine code) and can't already be published or available anywhere online. Should be lots of fun. I created a crappy Hi-Res Apple II game last week to set the bar nice and low for you BASIC experts But the contest has 3 categories: Games, Music, and Graphics. 3 Winners total and all get a tablet computer.
"

maybe the site is http://rsp.retrocomputacion.com/ ?
Old 28 September 2012, 09:49   #3
fishyfish
Banned

Ah, great, thanks for that.

Still plenty of time too.

Nostalgia aplenty here at the moment. I spent a lot of time playing with BASIC on the C64 "back in the day"
Old 28 September 2012, 13:10   #4
freehand

Is a game submission written many years ago allowed ? I done a little game in commodore 128 basic back in the day I submit it to a magazine but never received a reply it was that good

I think I have it on tape some place.
Old 29 September 2012, 03:14   #5
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehand View Post
Is a game submission written many years ago allowed ? I done a little game in commodore 128 basic back in the day I submit it to a magazine but never received a reply it was that good

I think I have it on tape some place.
I'd imagine so, since it was never published.