English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 30 July 2021, 21:35   #1121
UltraNarwhal

Discovered a bug when using an invisible actor with blank preset animation frame. The actor ignores the recycle setting and once activated on screen stays active (I checked by having it add to score).
Old 31 July 2021, 06:56   #1122
earok

Experimental check in for the day:

- Noticed an issue where it's possible for a talkpad's draw indicator to be positioned outside of screen (and hence, potentially cause an issue where it's blitted outside of bitmap memory). It's now no longer possible to do that.

- Fixed an issue where (very rarely) loading levels in a certain order could cause a crash. The fix was to reset every single byte in the reserved memory area back to 0 first, I didn't think this was necessary since the memory is simply overwritten by the next level (and indeed it hasn't shown a problem until now) but it seems doing that was the only way to fix a consistent bug reported by NEESO games. This may possibly resolve some other reported glitches with loading and unloading panels and such.

- Invisible actors should *now* honour recycling settings (at least I hope so @Ultranarwall!)

- Sprites should be *slightly* more efficient.
Old 31 July 2021, 13:46   #1123
UltraNarwhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Experimental check in for the day:
- Invisible actors should *now* honour recycling settings (at least I hope so @Ultranarwal!)
Thanks
Unfortunately it didn't fix for me. I've uploaded build with bug to git so you can see it happening. Walk left to activate the invisible crate spawner then watch the blue hud font increase as it runs its codeblock.

My current fix for the issue is to swap out animation when leaving screen.
Old Today, 01:13   #1124
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNarwhal View Post
Thanks
Unfortunately it didn't fix for me. I've uploaded build with bug to git so you can see it happening. Walk left to activate the invisible crate spawner then watch the blue hud font increase as it runs its codeblock.

My current fix for the issue is to swap out animation when leaving screen.
Thanks for that! Found and fixed the bug in experimental branch, it seems to be okay now.

----

Plan for the next few days is to wrap up the 2021.5.3 release (including one or more multiplayer samples).

After that, the intention for 2021.5.4 is to add support for AGA mandatory games. Definitely for expanding the palette (eg, 5BP games can have 48 colors since sprites can be in a different 16 color band that doesn't overlap bitplanes), *possibly* for expanding sprite sizes to 32 or 64 pixels but I haven't quite solved some issues around parallax at that size yet.