English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 July 2007, 06:14   #1
dabade

Floppy disk Real Amiga HDD in UAE

I put my old Amiga HDDs in storage when the A4000 they were in died some 12 years ago. I paid 5 grand new for that baby.. way back when.

The disks are a Conner CFS210A IDE (came with the Amiga) 120Mb disk and a Quantum "prodrive" 40MB disk.

I tried to mount (or rather ADD) these in UAE after putting them in my USB enclosure and connecting this to the PC.

The Quantum drive just clicks and the USB widget flashes orange - presumably this disk is . It does not spin up. It's so old it's actually a full height drive.

The Conner disk which had my Amiga OS (and data I want to recover) on spins up and does it's clickity clackity normally. The windows machine sees the controller (A WISE controller that boldly states it supports all DMA and PIO modes), but no disk is listed (also not in windows disk management). I'm reasonably sure I've jumpered it for MASTER-SINGLE

WinUAE does not see the drive even with the command line to show all disks.

I'm doing this because I used to have a very popular BBS running on the AMIGA, and for laughs I'd like to bring it back up for a while, possibly through WINUAE.

Anyone able to ?

Old 04 July 2007, 19:13   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Try connecting to IDE connector (with 2.5" to 3.5" adapter).

Old drives not being detected by bios/windows seem to be common problem.