English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 07 June 2024, 22:36   #1
savior

I'm a new amiga classic users

hello

I bought a reamiga 1200 honestly at the time of purchase I thought it was a regular amiga 1200 better that way and completely redone from scratch with new capacitors among other things I bought a terrible fire 060 LC I would like to use it as my main retro workstation and not only given the software available, i bought a scandoubler which is fine with highgfx drivers an ethernet pcmcia card, an external floppy drive, i have a multifunction printer which i will use with a printer server and netprinter software, as hd i have a cloanto CF with the full set of workbench 3.1 disks and rom 3.x, what do you think I will have fun

Last edited by savior; 07 June 2024 at 23:50.
Old 08 June 2024, 02:43   #2
eXeler0

I'm a new amiga classic users

Howdy
that machine is a nice start ;-) What’s your story? What did you have before this one?
Old 08 June 2024, 10:04   #3
demether

nice machine ! What do you plan to do on it ? Personaly I make music and games.
Old 08 June 2024, 12:49   #4
savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Howdythat machine is a nice start ;-) What’s your story? What did you have before this one?
I had a commodore 64, an amiga 500 and a 1200 a long time ago
Old 08 June 2024, 12:51   #5
savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by demether View Post
nice machine ! What do you plan to do on it ? Personaly I make music and games.
yes I think I will play it and use the necessary software to connect to the internet
Old 08 June 2024, 13:07   #6
savior

with the commodore 64 I grew up and had great times, then I got the amiga 500 I wasn't very knowledgeable about computers but it fascinated me right away in school we didn't do computer science I wasn't aware of the magazines and I had little money to buy games, I already owned some good games bought with the computer only many years later I got the amiga 1200 even though commodore had gone bankrupt but I didn't know this I bought some magazines from abroad and from my country then they didn't come out anymore I managed to buy a few issues, I'm not a creative person however I used wordworth for school, I also connected to the internet I had a 030 and I used ibrowse and miami dx in demo version with a 56k modem
Old 08 June 2024, 13:41   #7
savior

then I took a PC discouraged by the basic configuration of the Amiga 4000 Tower, I wanted to explore other worlds, after a long time I saw magazines that talked about Linux I still had my 1200 which I then sold it was a bit of a discouraging period of my life I got sick and still do my health problems but I can stay in front of a computer, I discovered Amithlon I tried OS4 and Morphos Finally I got passionate about AROS of which I still worry about a distribution but I don't use it anymore I want to use my new 1200, I spared no expense, I'll use iBrowse to come here and in other sites that talk about Amiga I don't frequent other sites
Old 08 June 2024, 14:21   #8
Adropac2
Zone Friend

I almost never went away from the Amiga as it was always there hooked up and used for my dream of writing music for games which never happened. But during 1996 the N64 had my time for a few years. It's a nice feeling though coming back to it and so much has changed now regarding just how nice it is to play the games in easier ways. Even though I eventually came back to Amiga, it was some considerable time until I discovered WHDload and it blew my mind. I'll leave you to find out what that one is as it will be a nice surprise if you don't already know

Hope you enjoy finding the Amiga again
Old 08 June 2024, 14:32   #9
savior

I know the world behind the Amiga, even though Commodore failed I have a friend who writes music for games using classic trackers I think it's exciting and wonderful I used to be a bass guitarist, but due to health issues, I can't dedicate time to it right now Sadly, I'm not a newcomer to the Amiga scene Too bad I can't travel, otherwise I'd participate in events