English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 February 2010, 01:33   #1
gulliver
BoingBagged

Exclamation Mediator 1200 SX testing issues

I have just received the mediator 1200 SX that i bought in ebay. I have my A1200 setup totally unassembled. No harddisk yet, as i am building a proper AmigaOS 3.9 config in WinUAE.
The problem is that I have to test the mediator, to give proper feedback to the seller and this is what i have been experiencing:

I took an A1200 rev 1D1 kick 3.1 motherboard only, and plugged the mediator, and powered the Amiga thru the mediator, with no accelerator attached. I attached a mouse and conected the composite output to my TV.
Booted my Amiga, pressed both mouse buttons so i could access the early startup menu. I went to the hardware diagnostics menu and was expecting to see a zorro board working, the mediator, but the Amiga said there was no board attached.
Is this okay?

Tried with another motherboard rev 1D3 kick 3.0 and got the same result!

Is the mediator dead? Or have i forgotten to properly change jumpers of it(Memory window=8MB, config=closed, wait=closed, wakeup=open and Powersw=closed)?

Both Amiga 1200 motherboards work fine and recognize my accelerator in the diagnostics menu.

Then I did the same test but with my accelerator attached, i got using both motherboard, no bootmenu, just a black screen!

I am clueless. Helpp me
Old 25 February 2010, 01:46   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I have just received the mediator 1200 SX that i bought in ebay. I have my A1200 setup totally unassembled. No harddisk yet, as i am building a proper AmigaOS 3.9 config in WinUAE.
The problem is that I have to test the mediator, to give proper feedback to the seller and this is what i have been experiencing:

I took an A1200 rev 1D1 kick 3.1 motherboard only, and plugged the mediator, and powered the Amiga thru the mediator, with no accelerator attached. I attached a mouse and conected the composite output to my TV.
Booted my Amiga, pressed both mouse buttons so i could access the early startup menu. I went to the hardware diagnostics menu and was expecting to see a zorro board working, the mediator, but the Amiga said there was no board attached.
Is this okay?
It might be. I'm not sure that an empty Mediator is sufficient for this test.

Quote:
Is the mediator dead? Or have i forgotten to properly change jumpers of it(Memory window=8MB, config=closed, wait=closed, wakeup=open and Powersw=closed)?
It might help you to read Elbox's Mediator PCI 1200 SX product page:
http://www.elbox.com/products/mediator_pci_1200_sx.html

Quote:
Both Amiga 1200 motherboards work fine and recognize my accelerator in the diagnostics menu.

Then I did the same test but with my accelerator attached, i got using both motherboard, no bootmenu, just a black screen!

I am clueless. Helpp me
Is your accelerator compatible with the Mediator? The page I have linked to above has a list of compatible turbo card models.

Edit1: Here is a useful site, too:
http://www.elx.neostrada.pl/

Edit2: Jumpers information here:
http://www.elx.neostrada.pl/comp.shtml.htm

Last edited by prowler; 25 February 2010 at 02:10.
Old 25 February 2010, 02:53   #3
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thanks, i read you post and its links, it is just a matter of playing with the jumpers.
I was so desperate, i will try that now.
And by the way, i have also read that i should be able to see new devices in the expansion diagnostics, despite not testing with an accelerator!

PS: Finally sorted things out. It was just a jumper thing! Thanks @prowler!

Last edited by gulliver; 25 February 2010 at 05:30.