English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 October 2009, 16:17   #1
Xenon

Angry Tired... of Indivision AGA :(

Today my Indivision AGA has arrived... at 11 am (GMT+1 or CET), ok great, "an Indivision AGA, my AMIGA will look even better than my MAC OS X 10.4.11 Ibook"... I've opened and dissasembled my A1200 (removed the rf metallic protection.. etc, etc...) and even I've fit easily the Indivision... but when I've switched on the A1200...

1) 1st problem: my LCD tv says "signal out of range".... ok, I have a CRT 15" VGA monitor, let's plug the A1200 there...

2) 2nd problem: it seems to run... but screen is weird and strange...

3) 3th problem ... 2 hours after... SAME problems. Well, now for XXX time I've put again the Indivision AGA, now screens seems to be well displayed. I've blink my eyes and with the movement... screen it's again bad and weird

4) 4th problem... ok, "now I've switched off and on the A1200 3 times and now it's a miracle, image seems to be OK". I've put the 2,5 HD... the movement of HD it's the reason of why image is again weird. Ok, fix again and again the 142 euros Indivision AGA, the most expensive graphic solution I've ever bought

5) 5th problem. Ok after 15 minutes, image seems to be OK and HD runs well. Let's change the resolution to a HIGH-RES Interlaced... OMG!!! Now image seems WORSE than ever!!! Totally flickering image and impossible to use it...

6) 6th problem. Well,I think I need to install indivision config. Let's install it... WTF!!! WHY IF I EXECUTE THE INDIVISION APPLICATIONS NOTHING APPEARS????
Now again, with the movement of the mouse, the indivision has been "moved" and now screen get weird again :S

7) I get tired after near 3 futile hours. I'm going to lunch and well... go to the office... to work...

PD: My Lisa chip is an HP one...

Last edited by Xenon; 05 October 2009 at 16:25.
Old 05 October 2009, 17:08   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Please post screen, it's hard to get an idea of the problem(s) you met.
Old 05 October 2009, 17:12   #3
Xenon

Well, not I am not at home, I'll take some photos at night, don't worry . But even I don't have screens, image gets doubled, colours change, it flickers, different weird screen for every time I plug the Indivision AGA... etc... and I don't know why Indivision Config doesn't run also (It happens the same with Indivision Flasher)
Old 05 October 2009, 18:49   #4
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
not enough power ? do you have accelerator ? using classic 1200 psu ?
Old 05 October 2009, 19:07   #5
Xenon

I have a Blizzard 1230 MK-IV (68030 50 MHZ - 68882 50 MHZ FPU) - 64 MB RAM. Even I have a A1200 my PSU is an A600 one

Last edited by Xenon; 05 October 2009 at 19:35.
Old 05 October 2009, 19:18   #6
pbareges

i had stability issues at first because i did not connect the ground of vga plug to amiga ground . i fixed it by using the mouse port ground because the cable goes through the clock port trap and it is very close...
Old 05 October 2009, 19:35   #7
Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges View Post
i had stability issues at first because i did not connect the ground of vga plug to amiga ground . i fixed it by using the mouse port ground because the cable goes through the clock port trap and it is very close...
How do you connect the ground?
Old 05 October 2009, 19:41   #8
8bitbubsy

Indivision AGA 1200 does have some problems seating on the HP Lisa chips... They're sliiightly smaller (height).. You must sand the socket to make it seat good over the chip... If not, it might "pop off". How-to: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43117
Read carefully, you might have the "HP Lisa resistor" as well, which makes you want to carefully rasp the socket (read).

This *should've* been done on the new Indivision AGA 1200 batches, but maybe you got an old one.

As for the indivision config, you must flash your FPGA to the latest version before running the config tool. The latest flash bin and flash tool is supplied with the LHA from the support site. (DON'T FLASH IF THE INDIVISION IS SEATED INPROPERLY!)

Don't give up, Indivision AGA 1200 is well worth the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
How do you connect the ground?
On the VGA connector (on the miggy), solder a wire to the metallic surface (on the VGA connector!)... Any place will do, as long as it makes you able to plug in the VGA cable!
Solder the end of the wire to the lower metallic RF shield on your amiga, or on the metallic surface of the mouse port, as suggested above.

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 05 October 2009 at 19:59.
Old 05 October 2009, 20:39   #9
Xenon

I don't know if it's a "new" or "old" indivision aga, because I've just reveiced it today from Vesalia...

Ok... about the sand paper... I am very very bad doing these kind of things... hope there will be no problem

Last edited by Xenon; 05 October 2009 at 20:45.
Old 05 October 2009, 20:45   #10
8bitbubsy

Quote:
I don't know if it's a "new" or "old" indivision aga, because I've just reveiced it today from Vesalia...

Ok... about the sand paper... I am very very bad doing these kind of things... hope there will be no problem
As said, you have to flash to the newest FPGA first! It says so in the readme.
EDIT: Ooops, sorry

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 05 October 2009 at 20:57.
Old 05 October 2009, 20:48   #11
Xenon

Sorry for the last question, I've edited it just when you were answering me. See the quote ^-^.

Actually I am worried if I make permanent damage to the computer, the lisa chip or the Indivision

Last edited by Xenon; 05 October 2009 at 21:04.
Old 05 October 2009, 21:07   #12
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Sorry for the last question, I've edited it just when you were answering me. See the quote ^-^.
I test all ours, as I update them to the latest Firmware. They all clip to the hp lisa great.

As 8bitbubsy said, make sure no components are mounted on the A1200 mobo that can obstruct the indivision installation.

Be very careful no to sand to much as it could weaken the pins. If they become weakened then they could snap. I have seen this before.
Old 05 October 2009, 22:01   #13
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Another thing I will throw in there. When running in HighGFX mode, many Amiga systems will have glitchy screens for a few minutes until everything warms up. My NTSC 1D amiga 1200 had this problem and my refurbed PAL unit from Amigakit has the same issue. There is a "timing fix" you can do that is covered several times on this forum but I have not bothered with it. You will not see these screen glitches, which appear as black lines up at the top of the WB screen, in regular PAL modes.

Another thing too, I have to use a utility called bblank from aminet to get rid of the grey "borders" on the sides of the workbench screen in HighGFX. If I do not use it, my Dell Monitor / TV will not sync and will show the "no signal detected" or "Signal out of range" errors.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:07   #14
Xenon

Ok here I am now at home. Indivision seems to be now OK, but when I double click on Indivision_Flash... nothing appears. Do yo know why? I am still using the "High Res PAL" resolution

Regards,

Last edited by Xenon; 06 October 2009 at 00:13.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:20   #15
fryguy

about the "out of range"problem, if you're trying to use it with an LCD monitor you'll probably have to set it to output 60hz.

(i don't own an Indivision AGA so i'm not sure how you'd do that).
Old 06 October 2009, 00:41   #16
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Ok here I am now at home. Indivision seems to be now OK, but when I double click on Indivision_Flash... nothing appears. Do yo know why? I am still using the "High Res PAL" resolution

Regards,
I think you must run it from the shell, with some arguments... Try to read the readme again
Old 06 October 2009, 00:49   #17
Xenon

OMG... I am feeling totally noob :/
Old 06 October 2009, 01:04   #18
Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
I think you must run it from the shell, with some arguments... Try to read the readme again
OK, no arguments found on readme...

Last edited by Xenon; 06 October 2009 at 01:23.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:28   #19
NovaCoder

Hiya Xenon,

Sounds like it's just not on properly. First question, is yours pre-sanded? It's very easy to tell by looking because it will be rough at the bottom of the Lisa connector. If yours is not sanded (it should have been) AND you have the lower HP Lisa then that is your problem. Otherwise you may just not be pushing hard enough (it's best to take your MB out of the case to do this).

Once the Indivision is secure you should download the latest firmware patch and config tool (they come together). First run the firmware patch application and then run the config tool, don't try and run the config tool before you've flashed it.

And you should run both from the WB, no need to use the nasty old shell

Last edited by NovaCoder; 06 October 2009 at 03:15.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:40   #20
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
OK, no arguments found on readme...
You have to run it from workbench, if it gives a box saying "OK OK", then you need to flash it to the latest firmware using the latest firmware upgrade tool.

As novacoder said, do this first, but its always best to connect your Amiga to a tv (using s-video / rgb to scart). This way if there is a problem with flashing, it can be eaisly resolved.