English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 07 March 2020, 15:46   #261
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
As I know Albedo developers I’d love to see a detailed explanation how you defeated it. IIRC on the ST they made a special copier to avoid the game protection. (Might have been cracked too)
CFOU! met an encrypted loader and so far x12 checksums.
Old 07 March 2020, 16:01   #262
CFou!

Quote:
As I know Albedo developers I’d love to see a detailed explanation how you defeated it. IIRC on the ST they made a special copier to avoid the game protection. (Might have been cracked too)
the first part (encrypted boot it's done in 5mn....) just skipping encrypted boot to load directly main code!!!

disk format is not complicate too, it's classical MFM home made format.

more annoying was in game several chksum controls of game code.

it is easy now to patch checksums of code with MMU CPU but it was more complicated in 1988!!

Patch is not released, because DLFRSILVER is testing playing all game parts if some checksum are not forgotten.

the beta patch was made in 2 evenings but it is still being tested because Denis does not have time at the moment to test it...

ps:
i will post beta version in TheZone for test
ps2:
an optional files extractor made but disk image used for slave
Old 07 March 2020, 16:09   #263
CFou!

Quote:
if you have in contact with Didier or Olivier Guillion, is it possible to have main source code of game to verify not checksums forgotten?
Old 11 September 2022, 11:51   #264
gerbil

Wow! This thread so far has got to be the best thread of any type I have EVER read in my life! It's absolutely amazing! Seventeen years of content read in two sittings and a real trip down memory lane. Not to mention all the people who's names I remember from the scene whilst growing up, especially Galahad whose work I completely admired, and influenced me into doing the work I do today - I salute you sir and I owe you a pint (or few)!
Keep up with the good work peeps, you're all amazing!
Old 11 September 2022, 13:18   #265
kamelito
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFou! View Post
if you have in contact with Didier or Olivier Guillion, is it possible to have main source code of game to verify not checksums forgotten?
better late than never. I have not asked them in a long time. They did have the source code but it was stored in a family house. I may ask again. it will be good if they released all of their games source code. The PC version of Sapiens source code has been released but code that they still use has been removed.