English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 March 2008, 00:52   #1
DjDiabolik

Crash when i try to change to Joypad setting.....

I have this problems, the WinUAE it's the version 1.4.6.
When the emulation it's started and i try to change the Joystick Configuration in "Game & I/O ports" the emulation goes in crash and i will back on desktop of my XP.

My OS it's Windows XP Sp2 and i have installed 2 Dualshock Ps2 on one PS2USB adaptator.....

Old 04 March 2008, 08:47   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Email or attach dump file + both logs (winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt, tick logging checkbox in misc-panel before starting emulation, also enable windowed mode)

Dump file is file named winuae_xxxx.dmp where xxx = version + date. (make sure windows error reporting is not completely disabled)
Old 04 March 2008, 13:50   #3
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Email or attach dump file + both logs (winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt, tick logging checkbox in misc-panel before starting emulation, also enable windowed mode)

Dump file is file named winuae_xxxx.dmp where xxx = version + date. (make sure windows error reporting is not completely disabled)
mmmmmmmm.. ok... i try to deleted this file and try to reproduce the trouble.

After i can post the 2 new file here... ok ?

Old 04 March 2008, 14:35   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Crash dump file without logs would have been better than nothing
Old 04 March 2008, 15:38   #5
DjDiabolik

Now i can post this 3 files..... i have zipped here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinUAE.zip (19.3 KB, 168 views)

Old 04 March 2008, 15:54   #6
DjDiabolik

With the configuration you have suggest i have another crash when i quit to exit from emulation... this is the 3 file in another zipped file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2nd Crash.zip (17.5 KB, 162 views)

Old 04 March 2008, 19:12   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thanks. Something is corrupting memory (crash happens when trying to access or free open disk image file handles). This is difficult to debug

- does the problem stop happening if you only use one pad connnected to the adapter?
- could you try 1.5.0 beta 6 and send dump and logs again? (I added some more debug logging to b6 that hopefully helps understanding those confusing input device change messages..)
Old 05 March 2008, 04:51   #8
DjDiabolik

- does the problem stop happening if you only use one pad connnected to the adapter?

I already try... otherwise the emulation doesn't ever goes on crash... sometime i successfull the change the joystick sometime the emulation goes on crash.....

- could you try 1.5.0 beta 6 and send dump and logs again? (I added some more debug logging to b6 that hopefully helps understanding those confusing input device change messages..)

I try to download this version... i can try to found here.....

Old 05 March 2008, 13:39   #9
DjDiabolik

Hi Tony, sorry for double post.

I have download the 1.5.0 beta 6.... now i use this version with the same configuration used in 1.4.6 (with log active and in windowed mode).

Whit this beta i have some trouble with the sound buffer size..... i have much clip

Old 05 March 2008, 15:02   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDiabolik View Post
Hi Tony, sorry for double post.

I have download the 1.5.0 beta 6.... now i use this version with the same configuration used in 1.4.6 (with log active and in windowed mode).

Whit this beta i have some trouble with the sound buffer size..... i have much clip
1.5 betas are very much work in progress.. (filters are broken etc..)
Do you get same slow down if you use 1.4.6 and tick "Do not use RGB overlays" in misc-panel?

btw, if you can't crash it, could you attach 1.5.0b6 winuaebootlog.txt? It should help me with weird input event messages in 1.4.6 log.
Old 06 March 2008, 13:34   #11
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
1.5 betas are very much work in progress.. (filters are broken etc..)
Do you get same slow down if you use 1.4.6 and tick "Do not use RGB overlays" in misc-panel?

btw, if you can't crash it, could you attach 1.5.0b6 winuaebootlog.txt? It should help me with weird input event messages in 1.4.6 log.
mmmmm.. ok.
i'm back yesterday to use the 1.4.6 and now the crash they are much less frequent.... I do not know to explain it.

Old 11 March 2008, 14:18   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

1.5.0b7 winuaebootlog.txt please.