English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 June 2002, 15:50   #1
Stom

Roll eyes (sarcastic) CD Read Write Errors

Hello all,

I am having trouble when using the uaescsi.device at the moment (I think thats what the problem is anyway). I have mounted my CD, DVD and CDRW drive as CD0,CD1 and CD2 on the emulated amiga using the OS3.9 version of CacheCDFS. The 'Partition' I have currently got set for the boot drive is a adapted system from my real amiga setup and I have created a new hardfile for installing a complete fresh OS3.9 install.

Whenever I try and run the Installer for OS3.9 I get read/write errors reported from the CD, I have tried the CD in all the drives and get the same error everytime thus making me unable to install OS3.9.

The CD functions perfectly well when used within my real amiga (also running CacheCDFS from OS3.9) with the same drives. Does anyone know of any settings that I could use so that the read/write errors do not happen? I am guessing its more of a problem with uaescsi than the cd drives themselves?

Many thanks for any help
http://www.amiga-mediator.co.uk

Old 06 June 2002, 20:12   #2
RetroMan

Does other CD´s work ?? The Problem could be OS 3.9 itself, cause some files (like AUX for example) cannot be copied onto a Windows Partition cause they are reserved words ....... AFAIK there is a special Installer Script for OS 3.9 and WinUAE but I´m not sure .........
Old 07 June 2002, 18:46   #3
Bikerdude

Thumbs up Corrupt OS 3.9 cd

Yes I have had the same problem (some files ie. AUX cannot be copied) the way i got around the problem, was to do an install of wb3.1 then install the cd drivers. Then reboot, yoiu then get to see the AmigaOS3.9 cd, but one more thign I would suggest you make a copy of the OS3.9 cd minus all instances of the "AUX" file and icon info, you dont need it under winuae. Hope this helps. Ive been playing quake at 640x480 on Winuae!!!!!! and its smooth, my pc AMD XP 1800+ 256mb pc133cas2, Quantum fireball AP 40gig, Directx9beta, windows XP, and winuae runs everything, aga demos, all games so far, if you have any probs email.