English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 November 2012, 09:25   #1
Matze

Collective Order: German A1K-Turbocard developpement for DIP-68K-Amigas

Hi,

sorry for beeing late posting at this forum. I developed an cheap Turbocard for any DIP-68000 Amigas (A1000, A500, A2000, CDTV) with an 68010@14MHz, 2MB Fast and an IDE-controller. The Ram and IDE-Controller are (up to now) NOT autoconfig resp. autoboot. I allready posted a link on amibay some time ago, but I got no response over this trading platform. The actual order count is about 50pcs. But I would be happy if some more whould join.

The collective order runs until this weekend.

This is not the Zeus-project! The much more advanced, much better (but also much more expensive ) Zeus-card from my friends Herzi/Scrat is a different project and will come when its ready!

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34571

This is a “do-it-yourself” project which requires advanced soldering skills! There are 300 SMD-pads and 200 Pins to solder! I will support everyone as far as I can, but if you ruin the board, I cannot give any warranty.
You can get development information here (in German, of course ):

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33003

Pics of the final layout can be found here:

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=225

Note: For CDTV you need a straight IDE-Header or have to reposition a capacitor.
For A1000: you need to solder one wire to a resistor on the pcb, since this Amiga has no Gary to connect to CDAC!

The final layoutfiles can be found iun this post:

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=259

Main features are:
68010-CPU at 14MHz, switchable to 7Mhz

2MB of SRAM configurable at 0x200000, x400000 or x600000 (non Autoconfig, you have to use Addmem/FastExec utilities from the Aminet)

The IDE card is non Autoconfig. That means you need a boot disk, which mounts the hard drive partitions (and executes the addram commands ) and reassigns the boot partition. An ADF for a multi kickstart boot disk will be made available. CompactFlash cards with 2GB work fine with the controller. The hard drive is configurable via the HDTools. Resident module drivers, which could be loaded via LoadModule or burned to a custom KickRom are in development.

The expansion is tested on A500, A590-Expansion, A1000, A2000 and CDTV to work and everything fits in the A500, A1000 and CDTV (the final configuration was not tested on a A2000 but should fit as well)!

Performance is about 1500 Dhystones measured via SysInfo and 3400 Dhystones measured via AiBB 6.5, which is a little faster than a stock A1200. IDE controller performance is about 1.2 MB/sec on a CF card.

Orders can be placed until November 25 2012. The final price will be sent to you after this date. You have to pay in advance via PayPal or international bank transfer with no extra costs for me. I hope I will get all the parts before Christmas and sent it to you asap.

Prices depend on the number of orders:

Turbocard-PCB only: approx. 8€
Turbocard-PCB + parts + SRAM+CPU = approx. 40€
IDE controller-PCB: approx. 6€
IDE controller-PCB + parts: approx. 12€

+Shipping via DHL ( www.dhl.de )

Anyone interested in these cards can place an order by sending an email to me:

matthias4321-sammelbestellung@yahoo.com

Best regards

Matthias Heinrichs

Last edited by Matze; 23 November 2012 at 15:28. Reason: typos