English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 25 June 2011, 20:35   #1
cjard

ClassicWB Lite - i dont get how to "install" so i dont need WB3.1 ADF

OK, so got the HDF, got teh ADF, got the roms, own a real amiga 1200 so not fussed about d/l all this stuff, got winuae, chose a1200, 4 meg fast ram, mounted the hdf and the adf in the relevant palces.. WorkBench boots off the floppy and I now have 2 questions:

How do i do the "install" so that classicwb hdf will boot itself without needing the wb3.1 adf?
How do I make the HDF bigger so I can start whacking WHDLoad packs into it from killergorilla?

Thanks guys

Old 25 June 2011, 20:58   #2
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

1. To boot the HDF file you simply need to click "Bootable" option under the Hardfile options (once you add it)
2. There is no need to make an bigger HDF You can just add a new empty HDF that can be as a second HD (4GB is just fine for WHDLoad). Making an System partition bigger than 2GB will give you issues so better use an extra HDF file and you're set.

Apart from that and if you wanna resize the partition (lets say 1GB) you can do it making an 1GB empty HDF, formating it, and then from a CLI:
1> copy DH0: DH1: ALL CLONE
(assuming that DH0 is your ClassicWB installation and DH1 the new 1GB partition)
Old 25 June 2011, 21:23   #3
cjard

Ahhh.. yea, I'd got confused when CLassicWB said it needed a real WB disk - i didnt realise that the image itself is bootable and it boots into a copy script. Maybe the install instructions could be made more clear, for people like me who remember a bit from their amiga ownership 20 years ago (oh yeah.. i was a pro, I could even write my own startup-script :P ) and went and put a disk in DF0 and DH0 then booted the emu.. If it was clearly outlined "boot from the image, then press F12 and swap the workbench disk in when prompted" I wouldnt ahve asked my dumb question ..

Good idea - i'll shove all the games in a bigger DH1. Now i gotta figure out WHDLoad.. never used that thing before - does it automatically do a relokick/soft replacement kickstart if it's needed?

Old 25 June 2011, 22:03   #4
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
WHDLoad.. never used that thing before - does it automatically do a relokick/soft replacement kickstart if it's needed?
Exactly as you said
You only need the appropriate kickstarts (one Kickstart 1.3 from A500 and one 3.1 from A1200) under DEVS:Kickstarts/ folder (set of .rom and .rtb files) and you're set for the 99% of the games