English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 February 2024, 19:58   #1
Havie

Possible Amiga/Retro Meet in Caterham (CR3)

As my Retro Shop (That Retro Place - website coming but I am on Facebook) is now up and running I was looking into running a regular Retro meet with an Amiga bias especially as there doesn't seem to be much south of the Thames. The shop is based in Caterham (CR3 5UE - just outside of Croydon) and I am interested in how many people would be interested in coming? I have had quite a bit of interest from people that have visited the shop especially when I mention Sensible Soccer!

The meet would be on a Wednesday evening (7 - 10pm) and we could get food delivered (there are many options close by). I have four Amigas (1200, 600, CD32 and mini) but people would be welcome to bring their own. I also have a selection of consoles and computers that could be played and three arcade machines that run off tokens (they'd be free for the evening). I'd charge a tenner but this would include a drink (hot or cold) and a sweet treat. People would be most welcome to bring their own Amigas if they wanted. I have a fair few plug sockets and seating for 18. We would all just chip in for the food (pizza) or pay for our own - Kebab/fish and chips (to name just a few).

Is this something people would be interested in - if so I would organise the first date in March.